Meet Up with New Professionals
The PRSA Hoosier Chapter’s new professionals meet during bimonthly happy hour events at local eateries to network with other young professionals, discuss industry trends and hear from guest speakers. New pros who attend these events begin to build their professional network in a casual, collegial environment.
Are you just starting your public relations career? Here are some networking tips for the eager new professional:
- Prepare and hone your personal elevator pitch.
- Make a positive and professional first impression: Dress to impress and give a good handshake.
- During a conversation, give your full attention and be an empathetic listener.
- Set a goal for the number of new connections you’ll exchange contact information with. Don’t only talk with people you already know.
- Follow up with the connections you make in a timely fashion.
For more information about the PRSA Hoosier Chapter new professionals group, email email@example.com.