Marketing and Communications Writer
The Indiana University School of Nursing’s marketing and communications team is seeking a productive writer who can draft compelling copy for many different mediums. This is a part-time position Monday through Friday, approximately 20 hours per week, days and hours can vary.
Candidates must have a knack for and love of writing and experience in creating compelling content for digital environments to tell stories with impact. The writer will be expected to sustain and develop the School’s voice and brand in order to help execute integrated marketing content across all owned and earned platforms including websites, blogs, social channels, and target media outlets. An understanding of academia and healthcare is helpful.
- With input from the marketing and communications team, maintain a strong social media presence (with plans to have 3-5 posts/week).
- Help to create and write against an editorial calendar that coincides with the School’s alumni publication, internal newsletter, and other publications.
- Responsible for assisting with content curation:
- Write original copy on a wide range of topics.
- Translate detailed and technical information about the School’s scientific work into engaging, easy-to-follow content for multiple target audiences with varying levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Interview faculty, students, staff, alumni, community partners, etc. to translate their experiences into engaging stories and social media content.
- Provide feedback to other contributors and edit other writers’ content.
- Generate brand awareness through content with emphasis on thought leadership.
- Be aware of breaking news in the academic and healthcare sectors and react quickly to draft content.
- B.A. in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or similar degrees is preferred.
- Applicants should possess knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Writing experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.