Job Title: Executive Director – Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce
Reports To: Board of Directors
Job Function: The Executive Director is the Chief Administrative Officer of the organization and is responsible for coordinating Chamber activities, including the coordination of the program of work, organizational structure and procedures, motivation of volunteers, income and expenditures, maintenance and growth of membership, employment and supervision of staff and/or volunteers, interpretation of policy, marketing and administration of the Chamber office. The Executive Director is the “public relations officer” for the organization, and its primary contact for all business and member transactions. All duties are subject to the direction of the Board of Directors.
This position is part-time, 25 hours per week with no employee benefits provided.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three to Five years of administrative, marketing and/or sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and public relations skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements and accounting procedures including proficiency in Quickbooks is desirable.
- Social media and website editing skills.
- A working knowledge of Chambers of Commerce or other nonprofit organizations, including the principles of volunteer management and program administration preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
Visit the Greater Beech Grove Chamber of Commerce’s website for more details about the position and submit and application: https://beechgrovechamber.org/2017/06/13/executive-director-position/