Joining PRSA represents one of the best career investments communications professionals can make.
Our members represent a variety of industries and organization types, from large corporations and government agencies to nonprofits, schools and independent practitioners. Our members stand behind a Code of Ethics that offers values, principles and practice guidelines that define professionalism and success.
PRSA Hoosier chapter membership benefits include:
- Member rates at bi-monthly luncheons, Meet the Media events and educational programs.
- A complimentary subscription to the chapter’s weekly e-newsletter.
- Access to free or low-cost networking opportunities including New Pros, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Access to the PRSA Hoosier chapter Job Bank.
- Discounted rates on PRSA Hoosier chapter Pinnacle Awards entries.
- Free admission to the Accredited Public Relations (APR) prep class and complimentary copies of study materials.
- Discounted rates to attend events hosted by other local professional organizations.
National PRSA membership benefits include:
- Free online and on-demand professional development training and preferred pricing on seminars, boot camps and conferences on topics from social media to crisis communications.
- Subscriptions to PRSA national publications including PRSA’s Issues & Trends daily newsfeed, monthly Public Relations Tactics flagship newspaper and The Strategist quarterly magazine, delivering executive level insight.
- Access to the members-only database of case studies, articles and research, including Silver Anvil Award winners and nominees.
- Access to Professional Interest Sections: Professional Interest Section communities offer networking and professional development in your specialization area. You can join a Section when you sign up for PRSA membership. Learn about available Professional Interest Sections here.
- PRSA Conferences and continuing education: PRSA’s local and national conferences draw attendees from all industries and career levels, and webinars about a variety of topics are available at no cost to members. Learn more now.
Gain your employer’s approval to join PRSA
In today’s economy, employers require that employees justify every expense, including spending time and money to join professional associations and attend events, both in-person and virtual. Follow these step-by-step instructions to gain approval from your management to join PRSA.
Still have questions about the benefits of PRSA membership? Check out the list of frequently asked questions here or contact our PRSA Hoosier chapter membership director.