Half Day with a Pro
SAVE THE DATE! This year’s Half Day with a Pro event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 10. Stay tuned for more information.
About the Event: The PRSA Hoosier Chapter is pleased to host a Half Day with a Pro event aimed at connecting Indiana’s PRSSA students with our state’s leading public relations professionals.
Who can participate: Students enrolled in Indiana PRSSA Chapters and PR pros interested in connecting with PRSSA students to share their experience.
Why participate? The event offers Indiana PRSSA students a unique opportunity to enhance their understanding about the practice of public relations while building meaningful connections with Indiana’s leading PR professionals.
Participating students will be paired with PR professional(s) from diverse industries and backgrounds and will be invited to join them for a half-day job shadow to include, but not limited to:
- PR pros day-to-day responsibilities and current projects
- company and team profile
- professional journey
- areas of specialization
- PRSA and/or other volunteer engagements
- professional and career development guidance
- resume and/or portfolio critique
- available internship or job opportunities etc.
More information will be shared with participating students and PR pros to help them make the most of this event.
- Students: This is a professional event and your attendance is expected if you register. We encourage you to respect the time it takes PR professionals to prepare for your virtual visit – if you must cancel, do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- PR professionals: Individuals and/or their organization can register to participate. Since this is a virtual event, we would like to encourage you to consider hosting more students than you normally host in an in-person setting.
Questions? Please email Bailey Briscoe at email@example.com