- This event has passed.
March Luncheon: Behavioral Communication – The Latest Science of Being Heard
March 13, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Have you ever wondered about the ‘why’ behind communication? Why do we relate and communicate the way that we do? Attend the Hoosier PRSA March luncheon to hear from industry expert and big-data analyst about the science behind communication, to make your communication more successful.
We are entering a new era in PR and marketing with the integration of behavioral science, psychology, and neuroscience into professional communication. Data-driven decisions can now be made to guide messaging, content marketing, media messages, and crisis communication. In an always-on and hyperconnected world, the nuances of our communication are the difference between being heard and being ignored, and behavior-based communicators have tools to be heard that give them a competitive edge.
Join us at our March luncheon to learn about the latest advances in behavioral communication from Elizabeth Edwards, founder of Denver-based Volume PR and the 11th Octave, and one of PRSA’s highest-rated speakers, to learn how to ensure your communication is heard, and that your audiences take action.
Forbes listed Behavior-Based Communication as #1 in their list of “Marketing Tools and Tactics That Will Shake up 2019” because of its ability to make communication, PR and marketing measurably more successful.
At this dynamic luncheon, you will learn:
- How to make your communication have a competitive advantage over other voices
- How to base communication decisions on hard data to increase outcomes
- What is the “Replication Crisis” and why we can’t rely on all past psychological research
- What is “Non-Conscious Research” and how did Pledge use it to revamp their messages to compete against one-step dusting products
- What is the “11th Octave” and why we need to engage it to be heard in a noisy world
- What is the “Backfire Effect” and how to make sure your communication does not create greater distance between you and your audience
- How one of the nation’s largest retirement brands was telling audiences NOT to buy their services (and how to not make the same mistake)
We are excited to have Elizabeth visit us from Denver to speak on such a hot topic, and hope you will be able to join us!
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
1201 Central Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46202
*Free parking available in parking lot onsite*