Associate Director of Advancement Marketing
Butler University is in the early stages of its largest comprehensive campaign to date. Central to this effort will be increasing constituent engagement and giving. The Associate Director of Advancement Marketing is responsible for marketing strategies and plans for the Advancement division with the objective of increasing constituent engagement and philanthropic support.
This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive marketing plan for the entire Advancement division that includes University Campaigns, Alumni and Engagement Programs, Annual Giving, Donor Relations, Major and Planned Giving, and Corporations and Foundations. The Associate Director of Advancement Marketing will be responsible for creating marketing content and communication flows, managing web and digital efforts, and efficiently managing marketing spend from budgets across the Advancement division. The Associate Director of Advancement Marketing reports to the Director of Account Strategy and Planning in the Marketing and Communications division.
- Lead the development of marketing and communication strategies and plans for all Advancement departments, in partnership with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Develop a comprehensive campaign marketing strategy for Advancement, in partnership with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- In partnership with the Account Management Team, manage the development and tactical execution of various Advancement marketing assets.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics and report results to leadership teams and various departments within both divisions.
- Ensure that Advancement marketing reflects and communicates the Butler brand and messaging, and adheres to brand standards.
- Develop strategic communication flows–through various communication channels–that promote Butler University to key audiences, including alumni, friends, students, parents, families, faculty, staff, corporate and foundations, civic leaders, and other community partners.
- Manage the division’s digital presence and communications, including the campaign website and digital marketing giving campaigns. Create content and track analytics. Develop and execute social media strategy, tactics, and content in partnership with Alumni and Engagement Programs.
- Efficiently manage marketing spend from budgets across the Advancement division, and make recommendations on spend with the Advancement Senior Leadership Team.
- Hire, manage, direct, and evaluate all freelance marketing work, in partnership with Marketing and Communications.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of marketing experience required.
- An understanding of higher education and/or non-profit businesses preferred.
- Demonstrated foundation in marketing competencies, including strategic marketing plan development, communications planning, print media, digital marketing, and social media.
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing analytics and data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to lead teams and coordinate between multiple departments.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Butler University Employment Application form available at https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/employee_application_form.docx
- Cover Letter
- Names and telephone numbers of at least three (3) professional references
Application and completed support materials should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Only completed applications will be considered.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.