Creative Brand Manager
Downtown Indy, Inc. is a public/private partnership that addresses critical issues that affect Downtown’s growth and well being. Downtown Indy, Inc. focuses on planning & development, management & safety, activation (events) and marketing. Downtown Indy, Inc. has a strong team environment where success depends upon collaboration and coordination within the organization and with other agencies, businesses and government entities.
The creative brand manager will function as a member of Downtown Indy Inc.’s Marketing and Communications Team to develop and implement a strategic communications plan to position Downtown as a clean, safe environment to live, learn, work and play. The creative brand manager will design/produce print and digital communication tools that market Downtown and support Downtown Indy, Inc.’s programs and events. This person will serve as the manager of DII’s visual brand and share implementation responsibilities with the Marketing Team as outlined in communication and work plans.
Preferred Background, Experience and Skills
• Marketing, communications and/or creative design-related bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2-4 years graphic design, marketing and communications experience
• Includes internship experience
• Experience in nonprofit marketing and branding
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Access
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite includes Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• Proficient in HTML with knowledge of web site management and maintenance
• Basic understanding of purchase orders, invoices and job estimates
• Knowledge of production/publication process
• Dedicated and reliable
• Detail oriented
• Ability to function on multiple projects
• Good written and spoken communications skills
• Good customer service skills
• Strong working knowledge of and passion for Downtown
Market Downtown, and the programs of Downtown Indy, Inc. through creative design, marketing materials, public relations, social media and events
1. Develop and present written marketing outcomes to DII staff and IDMI Board
2. Share implementation responsibility with Senior Vice President Marketing & Communications, Senior Director of Communications, Community Engagement Manager and Marketing Intern as outlined in communications plan and work plans
3. Serve as brand manager for Downtown Indy, Inc.’s brand, logo, graphics, etc. through such branding campaign and tools.
b. Paid and Promotional Digital and Print Marketing Schedule
c. Downtown Emails
d. DII Website
e. Georgia Street and Canal Walk
f. Special campaigns
4. Advance cross-marketing opportunities
a. Develop and implement opportunities to support DII programs, communications, publications and cross-marketing opportunities
5. Perform image management of all photos, video, partner brands and graphics
6. Assist with event marketing for DII-sponsored events (Circle of Lights®, New Year’s Eve, Workforce Week, 25th Anniversary activities, Motorcycles on Meridian, Canal events and activation on Georgia Street.
Expand Base of Membership and Investment
1. Support annual operating campaign through relationship building and participation
Continually Improve Productivity and Service
1. Results Management
2. Information Management
3. Administration Management
4. Staff Management
5. Commit to contributing to DII’s desired work environment with a positive attitude about Downtown, its events and the mission of the organization.
Supervisor – Senior Communications Director
Compensation – Based on experience and qualifications
Send resume and cover letter by Aug. 16 to:
Downtown Indy, Inc.
Attn: Jennifer Hanson
Senior Communications Director
111 Monument Circle, Ste. 1900
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(No calls please)