Internal Communications Lead
The Business Communications Lead at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis works collaboratively with the Bank’s Correspondent Services, Credit Services, Marketing, and Mortgage Purchase Program teams in support of their business communications needs. The Lead will also help educate Bank employees on products and services and new developments about the business that help them do their job and stay engaged with the Bank. Deliverables may include communications campaigns or standalone collateral such as: email marketing campaigns, newsletters, member bulletins, print advertising, leave-behinds, product brochures, sell-sheets, website updates, and public relations support as needed. Responsible for project management of requests.
The Business Communications Lead works cross-functionally to conceptualize, plan, manage and implement communications projects (print, online, and via email) to promote the Bank’s programs, products, and services to our members, community partners, other key stakeholders, and the general public. That includes:
- Consulting with Bank functions to understand communications needs and recommend/implement solutions.
- Developing the Bank’s member newsletter and partnering with business units to develop and implement other major internal communications vehicles.
- Developing, maintaining and implementing relevant communications editorial calendar.
- Managing fhlbi.com.
- Partnering with HR to manage the Bank’s LinkedIn Career page.
- Distributing SEC filings via newswire service and reviewing and approving posts to FHLBI’s public and secure websites.
The Business Communications Lead is also a content producer. That includes:
- Researching, writing, and editing content for use in a variety of communications vehicles.
- Developing and/or editing a range of communications collateral that supports various communication needs of business lines, include brochures, internet pages, PowerPoint presentations, emails, official correspondence, advertisements, and other materials as needed.
- Partner with business units and event coordinator to market and promote Bank events.
- Partner with Senior Communications Director to communicate the bank’s priorities and strategic vision.
- Partner with business units to communicates business and Community Investments successes.
- Partner with Internal Communications Lead to share business successes with employees.
- As needed, work under the guidance of the Senior Director to provide CEO, senior leadership, Board of Directors and corporate communications support.
- General editing and proofreading as needed.
- Serve a reader/reviewer/editor for the Internal Communications Lead, and vice versa.
- Perform key backfill duties for the Internal Communications Lead to ensure full departmental coverage, including posting information to the Bank’s SharePoint, onboarding new employees, and developing employee newsletter as needed.
- Directs work performed by outside vendors.
- Ensures style consistency in Bank communications.
- Coordinate professional photography needs for internal events. Personally responsible for employee onboarding photography and occasional last-minute in-house photography requests.
- Represents Corporate Communications as needed on bank committees.
- Represent the Bank in FHLBank System Communications Officers meetings as needed.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in communications, marketing or business. MBA or experience in banking or financial services marketing/communications preferred.
- 4-7 years in internal communications roles with growing responsibilities.
- Demonstrable capabilities in copy editing and proofreading.
- Demonstrable writing and editing news and feature articles, emails, and other internal or communications, as well as in developing/improving PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience building communications or marketing campaigns.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Telerik Sitefinity or similar Content Management System preferred. Experience with Microsoft CRM Dynamics a plus. Knowledge of Internet applications and interactive marketing methods and technology is desirable.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work full time.
- Customer-service oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills who deals well with ambiguity and is comfortable working for and with senior management.
- Ambitious, action-oriented individual that takes the initiative in project-related activities and exercises independent judgment when needed.
- Must be both a strong individual contributor and a flexible, adaptive team player.
- Strong multitasking, organizational, and project management skills are critical. Patience and flexibility in the face of sudden changes in direction.
Click here to apply.