Brand Engagement Specialist
The Brand Engagement Specialist is a full-time, salaried non-exempt position. The Brand Engagement Specialist works on a collaborative team of five marketing and analytics team members, reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Analytics. The successful candidate will have a passion for student success, an enthusiastic and cooperative mentality, attention to detail, and a motivation to explore, try new things, and learn from mistakes. The details required to implement successful events, from the advertising and promotion to the on-site signage and post-event follow-up, should be intuitive. The Brand Engagement Specialist will collaborate with industry professionals and talk about international education with others who share that passion. A team attitude with the desire to dig in and help out in other areas such as digital marketing, public relations, or graphic design is important.
The ideal candidate has experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or other related marketing functions. Basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and social media channels is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, along with an eye for design, with the ultimate goal to promote our events, programs and services to study abroad advisors and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content strategies and brand assets to successfully engage key stakeholders through multiple channels, including web, print, digital, and social media, in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Specialist and the Associate Director for Marketing and Analytics.
- Collaborate across the organization to plan and coordinate all communication with study abroad advisors.
- Manage all event marketing, from planning and implementing the promotional campaign to preparing the on-site materials and signage to coordinating the post-event follow-up and evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of External Affairs to ensure events have timely and brand-appropriate promotion across multiple channels, increased attendance, and positive reviews.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for how IFSA-Butler shows up at trade shows and study abroad fairs on campuses. Assist in the selection and ordering of promotional products.
- Maintain the advisor-focused portion of the IFSA-Butler website; assist the Marketing and Analytics team in updating other areas of the website with periodic changes and requests.
- Work with several study abroad students in the work-to-study program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing or communications related field.
- Up to five years of experience in marketing, digital marketing or a related field.
- International travel and/or study abroad experience preferred, but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), WordPress, and social media channels is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high energy level.
- Professional and ethical attitude.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and strong attention to detail.
- Creative, flexible and collaborative.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Mary Georgantes, Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Brand Engagement Specialist” in the subject line.