An initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), Energy Systems Network (ESN) is an Indianapolis-based non-profit consortium that is Building an Energy Ecosystem® in which all aspects of the energy landscape are integrated – energy generation, transmission and storage, the built environment, multimodal transport, and the electrical grid. Our network of global companies and institutions allows us to develop groundbreaking pilot projects, commercialization opportunities, sustainable startups, and technological innovation in order to develop solutions to the many energy and mobility challenges we face globally.
In 2012, ESN incubated and launched the Battery Innovation Center (BIC), which is focused on the rapid development, testing and commercialization of safe, reliable and lightweight energy storage systems for defense and commercial customers. The BIC has a 40,000-square-foot facility outside Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane naval base in Newberry, Ind., as well as virtual connections to partners’ research and manufacturing facilities. To date, the BIC serves nearly 90 customers in commercial and defense sectors. The BIC is also home to Underwriters Laboratories (UL) BEST Test Center, its North American testing and validation center for UL standards.
The Communications Specialist supports external communications initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement and positive brand appeal and recognition for ESN and BIC, our partner organizations, our projects, and our role as a thought leader in the energy ecosystem. This individual is well-versed in content and channel optimization, social media for business, audience segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. ESN has acquired funding for the position for a two-year period, after which it will re-evaluate the need for future funding.
- Event Planning and Support for ESN and BIC
- Support the Director of Communications and Development in planning, logistics, budgeting, coordinating and promoting events and summits supported by ESN
- Support external communications, marketing, sponsorships and advertising of events using ESN’s channels, including website blog, social media, and newsletters
- Support execution of the content strategy, production, distribution and measurement/optimization of ESN’s website as directed by the Director of Communications
- Initiate, create and oversee digital campaigns
- Develop and execute email campaigns, manage the subscriber path and analyze engagement
- Track and report monthly digital analytics
- Investigate, write, and edit content for ESN blog, presentations, and reports
- Provide content and marketing materials for ESN and BIC as needed, and support BIC in creating and implementing its content strategy
- Manage Social Media
- Execute ESN’s social media strategy across Twitter and LinkedIn channels
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Support the Director of Communications & Development
- Assist with media relations, presentation content and design, and other related duties as may be required by the Director of Communications & Development
- Provide public relations support for ESN and Battery Innovation Center
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- Event planning/coordination experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent grasp on social media, website metrics, best practices
- Experience with WordPress and Google Analytics preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- High- and positive energy
- Works well individually and collaboratively with others
- Attentive to detail
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full job description details available at www.energysystemsnetwork.com/contact-us/careers.