Marketing Content and Events Manager
The Marketing Content and Events Manager position is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Marketing Content and Events Manager works on a collaborative team of six marketing and analytics team members, reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Analytics. The successful candidate will have a passion for student success, an enthusiastic and cooperative mentality, attention to detail, and a willingness to collaborate cross-organizationally. The details required to implement successful events, from managing the logistics to coordinating the advertising, promotion, on-site signage and post-event follow-up, should be intuitive. The Marketing Content and Events Manager will collaborate with industry professionals and talk about international education with others who share that passion. A team attitude with the desire to dig in and help out in other areas such as digital marketing, public relations, or graphic design is important.
The ideal candidate has experience in communications, event management, public relations, journalism, or other related marketing functions, and is comfortable in an academic setting communicating with educators. Basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is required. Experience with Salesforce, WordPress and social media channels is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will have good writing and editing skills along with an eye for design, with the ultimate goal to promote our events, programs and services to study abroad advisors, faculty, and students from a broad range of cultures and communities.
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing or communications-related field
* 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications or a journalism-related field, higher education experience also desired
* International travel and/or study abroad experience preferred, but not required
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Capability and experience in creating content for a variety of audiences, especially among international educators
* Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign) required.
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – required.
* Strong interpersonal skills and high energy level.
* Ability to set priorities, multi-task and maintain a strong attention to detail.
* Creative, flexible and collaborative.
* Professional and ethical attitude.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Susan Hill at email@example.com. Please include “Program Content and Events Manager” in the subject line.