Marketing Content Writer
The Marketing Content Writer position is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Marketing Content Writer works on a collaborative team of five marketing and analytics team members, reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Analytics. The successful candidate will have a passion for student success, an enthusiastic and cooperative mentality, attention to detail, and a willingness to collaborate cross-organizationally. The Marketing Content Writer finds writing and editing for multiple audiences intuitive and is comfortable in an academic setting communicating with educators and students. The successful candidate will spend time understanding the student journey, from the discovery phase through the application process and will collaborate with the Associate Director of Student Services and Program Advisor team to ensure all student lead and applicant communication is consistent and effectively communicated. A team attitude with the desire to dig in and help out in other areas such as digital marketing, public relations, website content, and/or graphic design is important.
The ideal candidate has some experience in communications, journalism, public relations, or other related marketing functions. Basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, WordPress and social media channels is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, and is comfortable collaborating with key internal stakeholders across a broad range of cultures and communities
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing or communications-related field
* 0-3 years experience in marketing, communications or a journalism-related field
* Experience in higher education preferred, but not required
* International travel and/or study abroad experience preferred, but not required
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Capability and experience in creating content for a number of audiences, especially undergraduate college students.
* Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – required.
* Strong interpersonal skills and high energy level.
* Ability to set priorities, multi-task and maintain critical attention to detail.
* Creative, flexible and collaborative.
* Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Qualtrics, Salesforce, and/or WordPress preferred, but not required.
* Professional and ethical attitude.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Susan Hill at email@example.com . Please include “Marketing Content Writer” in the subject line.