dgs is currently seeking an expert content creator who can employ copywriting and journalistic writing to creatively tell our clients’ stories across a wide variety of mediums. Please note that qualified candidates must currently reside in the Indianapolis area.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Telling stories – You’ll write pieces running the full gamut of communications materials, from corporate brochures to technical articles to speeches and scripts and more, all in support of taking our clients’ stories to their customers and prospects.
- Organizing priorities – You’ll work with the account management team to manage deadlines and prioritize your workload.
- Constantly learning – Our client base encompasses specialized products and is growing more diverse, so you’ll have no shortage of information to absorb.
- Distilling information – You’ll be taking all of that knowledge you pick up and using it to speak to audiences that vary greatly in their own levels of expertise.
- Collaborating with peers – You’re be working with the design and digital teams to ensure high quality results that meet client objectives.
Once you’re here, you’ll love that we’re:
- Established, but still fresh – We’ve been in the business for over 30 years, but we maintain a culture and focus that continues to evolve and expand.
- A frankly phenomenal team – We come from diverse backgrounds, have a wide range of personalities and excel in supporting each other to achieve awesome results.
- Employee centric – What’s important to our team members is important to our management and you’ll see that reflected in transparent communication and our approach to constant improvement.
- Generous with benefits – We offer health and life insurance, competitive pay, vacation & sick time, 401k contributions, a flexible schedule, 12 paid holidays and more.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An attention grabber – From ad headlines to feature articles to blogs, you identify and use hooks that pull readers to your work.
- A superb storyteller – Your writing engages the reader and pulls them through the story you’re telling.
- A detail detective – You excel at recognizing which details are important and building your narrative around them.
- Always curious – You like to know what makes things tick and view knowledge as innately rewarding.
- Coolly confident – You know you can handle whatever comes your way and can ably manage deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- A stylistic chameleon – You can modulate your vocabulary and tone to match both the client and medium you’re writing for.
- A fan of the fast lane – You adapt well to unanticipated needs and quick turnarounds don’t phase you.
- Tested and proven – Your career may still be in its early stages or you may be decades in, but you’ve at least reached the point where you have some wins under your belt to demonstrate your abilities.
If this sounds like you, what you want to do and where you want to work, apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.