Public Relations Manager
Serves as the media relations contact and corporate reputation steward for IU Health, and leads junior team members in development, execution and results. Oversees the team’s delivery of high quality news coverage locally, statewide, and nationally, and ensures consistent, on-going presence of IU Health Riley Children’s Health in the news. Provides strategic guidance on media strategy, personally achieves breakthrough coverage, and ensures team goals are met. Leads the team in delivering excellent client service within the organization and beyond. Proactively maintains excellent relationships with the media, organization and community and uses these to shape partnerships, leverage information, seek out new opportunities, and help the team grow and develop. Serves as point for issues that could negatively impact the reputation of the organization. Helps lead any crisis or issues management accordingly. Analyzes media coverage and makes strategic recommendations for on-going improvement. Leads timely reporting functions, working closely with the Director of Public Relations.
- Requires 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Requires proven experience working in or with the media.
- Requires extensive knowledge of public relations strategies and tactics.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Journalism, Communications, English, or related field.
- Requires excellent knowledge of national, local, and trade media landscape.
Learn more and apply here: https://careers.iuhealth.org/search/manager-public-relations