Email Marketing Specialist
POSITION: Email Marketing Specialist
PURPOSE: To maintain and grow the organization’s email channel, including: maintaining Marketing Cloud data and updates; writing, building and scheduling email; driving list growth; testing emails to improve list engagement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: Self-motivated, mission-driven individual with strong email copywriting experience and basic email development skills. Candidate will have experience with email marketing and marketing automation platforms, preferably Salesforce.com and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Success in the position will include collaborating with multiple teams, meeting deadlines, and proactively seeking out new challenges.
Candidate should be compatible with EdChoice mission.
SUPERVISED BY: Marketing Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracking email statistics, including open, click through, delivery and deliverability rates to maintain the health of the email channel.
- Staying up-to-date on new Marketing Cloud releases and integration updates.
- Managing Marketing Cloud data following the latest best practices.
- Using ReturnPath tools to track and improve email deliverability.
- Building and scheduling mass emails for multiple departments. Emails include monthly e-newsletter, legislative and legal updates emails (real time), research report and poll releases and monthly fundraising emails.
- Creating and building email journeys, including maintaining and updating welcome journey, creating new engagement journeys and managing annual year-end donation campaign journey.
- Maintaining triggered emails, including online donation receipts, event-related emails and opt-in emails.
- Using A/B testing to increase list engagement.
- Leveraging Marketing Cloud tools and CSS/HTML to innovate on the email platform, including new personalization and customization options and incorporating new interactive functions.
- Maintaining Salesforce.com and Marketing Cloud send lists incorporating database fields as needed.
- Driving list growth with new campaigns and tactics, in tandem with Marketing Director and Vice President of Communications.
- 4+ years of work experience, with 2+ years of working on email marketing or newsletters
- Proven track record growing an email subscriber base
- Proven track record email-based conversion (either donations or issue advocacy CTAs)
- Experience utilizing the full capabilities of an email marketing platform
- Comfort with segmentation and data
- Strong writing and editing skills
Required Skills: CSS and HTML for email, Email marketing and marketing automation platforms, Tracking email data and formulating reports, A/B split testing.
Preferred Skills: Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26, 2018.