Marketing and Communications Strategist
The Indiana University School of Nursing’s marketing and communications team is seeking a productive communications expert who can draft compelling copy for many different mediums. This is a part-time position Monday through Friday, approximately 25 hours per week, days and hours can vary.
Candidates must have a knack for and love of writing and experience in creating compelling content for digital environments to tell stories with impact. This person will be expected to sustain and develop the School’s voice and brand in order to help execute integrated marketing content across all owned and earned platforms including websites, blogs, social channels, print material, and targeted media outlets. In addition, this position will oversee the School’s official podcast – duties include drafting interview questions, securing guests and managing the marketing of each episode. An understanding of academia and healthcare is helpful, but not required.
- With input from the marketing and communications team, maintain a strong social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (with plans to have 3-5 posts/week).
- Help to create and write against an editorial calendar that coincides with the School’s alumni publication, internal newsletter, and other publications.
- Manage the School’s official podcast by dictating content for each episode (monthly), booking all guests and pushing episodes through all marketing channels
- Responsible for assisting with content curation:
- Write original copy on a wide range of topics.
- Translate detailed and technical information about the School’s scientific work into engaging, easy-to-follow content for multiple target audiences with varying levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Interview faculty, students, staff, alumni, community partners, etc. to translate their experiences into engaging stories and social media content.
- Provide feedback to other contributors and edit other writers’ content.
- Generate brand awareness through content with emphasis on thought leadership.
- Be aware of breaking news in the academic and healthcare sectors and react quickly to draft content.
- BA in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or similar degrees is preferred
- Applicants should possess knowledge of the structure and content of the English language and be familiar with AP Style
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Writing experience
- Social media management experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.