Responsible for developing communications strategies that support the cooperative’s mission. Accountable for managing corporate communications services and support. Accountable for communications support to member systems including coordinated programs, individual member projects and the Touchstone Energy brand. Accountable for Hoosier Energy’s public and media relations programs. Assures compliance with all NERC and RRO reliability standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees corporate branding. Manages corporate communication projects for internal and external audiences including digital and print newsletters, annual report, video programs, Statewide magazine pages, and collateral materials. Manages and coordinate annual meeting, board events and special meetings/events. Oversees staff provision of speech writing, editing, writing, design, photography and other services. Maintains and develops content for G&T website and intranet with IS department. Develops resources and platforms to communicate corporate issues, efficiency and benefits information to directors, member systems, employees and other stakeholders. Evaluates and develops social media options to support corporate communication objectives. Provides oversight on board materials.
- Manages programs and projects with member systems including member committees that may be appointed from time to time. Provides a range of communication services for members including video programs, writing, editing, speech writing, design and photography services and oversee related financial support provided to members. Provides expertise and guidance in developing communication projects for member cooperatives. Supports and encourages efforts to strengthen communication skills and programs among member systems.
- Manages the Touchstone Energy brand including serving as a regional partner. Plans, develops and implements a Touchstone Energy brand program with and on behalf of members that communicates brand values to consumers. Plans and implements a coordinated advertising program for members.
- Manages public and media relations activities for Hoosier Energy. Responds to media queries. Edits and oversees distribution of news releases. Develops public relations plans to be used in communities where Hoosier Energy operates major facilities. Serves on IEC member relations committee. Complies with NERC, MISO and RRO reliability standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or other related fields.
- Ten or more years of experience in communication management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team.
- Experience with negotiation in terms, agreements and understandings with others.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude and ability to motivate others.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills; project and resource management skills, supervisory and organizational skills.
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please apply online at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=HEPN&cws=42&rid=825 .