Marketing and Communications Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining the organizational website and social media presence, as well as creating materials to promote The International Center and communicate its presence in Indianapolis and the State. This position also provides support for effective nurturing and maintenance of relationships between The International Center and various key stakeholder groups, including the media and key influencers, among others. Serves as administrator for The Festival Fund, which provides grants to local nonprofits who stage festivals to acquaint the public at large with the many cultures that make Indianapolis a special place to live, work and play.
- Manages the layout, design and production of communications and marketing materials to promote The International Center and communicate its presence in Indianapolis and the State, including newsletter, email blasts, reports to Board, collateral materials, etc.
- Develops social media strategy and is responsible for maintaining The Center’s ongoing presence on all appropriate social media networks; develops and maintains analytics to track and measure social media effectiveness against marketing goals.
- Writes news releases, media advisories and other media materials and distributes to targeted media; pitches stories to targeted media; maintains publicity files.
- Maintains the organization’s website as needed with information such as donor recognition, calendar events and press releases; creates original web content; maintains blog; incorporates SEO tactics.
- Manages Festival Fund grant: receives and reviews applications from organizations seeking funding; sends recommendations to grant committee; communicates with organizations the funding decisions and criteria for accepting funding; and maintains detailed records for grant reporting.
- Assists with or manages stakeholder and community event planning; assists as needed with planning and execution of program- and development-focused appointments, meetings and events.
- Completes additional projects as assigned.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and responses to the following questions for their application to be considered:
- Social media – How have you included or created a social media strategy as part of your work experience?
- Writing skills-Elaborate on the depth and breadth of your writing ability.
- Communication strategies and methods-Tell us what you have found to be useful and effective.
- What process would you use to review our current marketing and communication efforts and determine what needs action and how you would measure progress.
- In this role, what professional networks or organizations would it be important for you to be a part of? Which of those are you already active in?
- Of the listed preferred qualifications, which ones do you possess or meet?
- What date are you available for employment?
- What is your salary history and/or expectations?
All application pieces mentioned above are to be submitted to Garth Eberhart, COO: email@example.com.