Digital Marketing Coordinator
To position Indy as a thriving destination in support of attracting leisure visitors from across the U.S., including implementing social media strategies, running promotional contests, creating online content, and implementing additional integrated marketing programs. All Visit Indy employees are productive, positive and progressive.
- Social Media Execution
- Create organic (unpaid) posts directing back to Visit Indy’s online properties for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Represent Visit Indy as the social media spokesperson on behalf of Visit Indy’s social media platforms, responding to user questions – both during and outside offices hours.
- Develop, plan and strategize Visit Indy’s posts in the Google DMO Partnership Program.
- Provide expertise to Visit Indy staff by educating and training on social media best practices.
- Represent Visit Indy and attend events throughout the city to generate content on Visit Indy’s social channels.
- Using data to track, forecast, analyze and report social growth across all social media.
- Acquire user-generated content via Crowdriff for repurposing.
- Curate live Crowdriff galleries on VisitIndy.com with timely images.
- Develop and plan itineraries and serve as a representative of Visit Indy while hosting social influencers on weekend trips.
- Build, maintain, and nurture strong social media communities throughout Indy while representing Visit Indy.
- Establish and create prize packages for more than 100 giveaways per year for social and e-mail promotions.
- Manage contests by creating landing pages, promotion execution, and prize delivery.
- Blog Team
- Manage freelance blog team to publish timely blog content to VisitIndy.com.
- Film Indy
- Manage social channels for Film Indy (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Write and develop timely blog content for FilmIndy.com.
- Represent Film Indy as the social media spokesperson on behalf of Film Indy’s social media platforms, responding to user questions – both during and outside offices hours.
- Graphic Design
- Assess and determine the needs for all Visit Indy and Film Indy social media posts.
- Oversee and create graphics for all paid and unpaid social media posts.
- NDY Interactive Program
- Research and use own discretion to place five NDY sculptures at high-traffic, picture-perfect locations throughout the city in support of Visit Indy’s brand hashtag #LoveIndy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field is required
- Minimum of one year managing social media for a brand preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service abilities.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with a variety of customers, employees, vendors, partners and the general public, both on a one-on-one basis and in groups; must be a team-player.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, policies and procedures, and other business-related communications.
- Ability to think critically/logically in order to troubleshoot and make recommendations for problems as identified.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Proficient computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet browsers, and e-mail systems.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work non-routine hours such as late night, weekends, and holidays when necessary.