Digital Media Manager
KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) is a global Fortune 1000 company headquartered in the Indianapolis suburb of Carmel, Indiana, with 17,500 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Our diverse team helps the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, financial institutions, insurance companies and dealer groups buy, sell and trade used vehicles. Last year we facilitated 5.5 million transactions valued at over $40 billion through our physical, online, and digital/mobile auction marketplaces. We move quickly, and we’re looking for creative innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of our global expansion.
Never heard of us? Help us change that.
The Digital Media Manager will lead development and execution of the company’s multi-brand social media strategy. The role has direct responsibility for monitoring the company’s social media channels and managing the social media and web content creation for the company and its business units, promoting the brand and strategic positioning of the company’s services, products and leaders across all markets and stakeholder audiences. This role will be expected to elevate the KAR brands, increase engagement on all social channels and develop innovative social media campaigns with the goal of supporting the company’s business-to-business communications strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director, Public Relations, the position will utilize earned and paid media, social and digital media and reputation strategies to achieve the goals of the department and company.
The ideal candidate is a social media genius who has achieved success in building social media campaigns and marketing plans that yielded increased engagement and measurable increases in sales. The candidate must also be experienced in managing crisis communications reaction on social media.
As a Digital Media Manager charged with all things social media, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends and measurement. You should have excellent communication skills and the ability to express our company’s views creatively. Must be a keen wit and fluent in snark, with a subversive sense of humor. Diplomats need not apply.
- Content Creation & Management: The position will assist with implementing a comprehensive local, national and global B2B social media strategy to promote the company’s services and offerings across all stakeholder audiences that would align with and complement brand Public Relations and Marketing strategies. Activities will include proactive and reactive social media campaigns, management of digital reputation assets, production of content to include graphics, podcasts, videos and other collateral.
- Measurement & Analytics: The position will perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences, set specific objectives and report on ROI and campaign performance and monitor SEO and web traffic metrics. The position would require solid knowledge of SEO best practices, keyword research and social listening and analytics tools including Netbase and TrendKite. The position will be required to capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then act on the information to continuously improve or shift strategies.
- Issues Management: The position will assist with the day-to-day tracking and monitoring of social media chatter for potential issues across all business lines and subsidiaries that impact or may potentially impact the company’s reputation. The position would be required to manage the social media responses and conversation pertaining to issues or crises.
- Team & Agency Collaboration: The position will work closely with internal creative resources and agency management, ensuring timelines and key milestones are being met, facilitating internal review of agency-produced content and collateral. This position will serve as a project manager for social media marketing campaigns and will be responsible for tracking campaign effectiveness, maintaining consistent messaging, adapting to changing environment and reacting to developing situations in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, marketing, business, journalism, or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years relevant work experience, preferably in an agency, corporate or political setting.
- Ability to prioritize and implement complex initiatives in a high-intensity, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required; strong executive presence and poise a must.
- Experience and proven success using social media and digital channels to engage both internal and external audiences.
- Thorough understanding of modern social media monitoring, management and analytics platforms and tools such as NetBase, Google Analytics and Meet Edgar.
- Ability to navigate large, operationally complex and geographically diverse organizations, including interacting with global team members, business partners, and vendors.
- Adaptability and ability to quickly pivot in an often-changing environment a must.
- Ability to influence others outside direct line of control or management chain.
- A keen, creative eye for detail.
- A good sense of humor or wit.
- Design and/or video experience a plus.
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude.
- Experience and knowledge of the automotive and automotive remarketing industry a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%, including international travel.