Marketing & Communications Coordinator
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team! The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will assist in managing Bloom’s external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on Bloom’s behalf. This role requires a hands-on approach to delivering all components of the marketing plan, including content strategy, product messaging, sales enablement, and customer engagement. The marketing coordinator must be highly organized, hands-on, and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial setting.
Phenomenal communication and writing and editing skills are crucial. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike. The coordinator will possess up to two years of relevant experience through full-time employment or internship placements and will be responsible for providing excellent and energetic marketing support for Bloom as it seeks to develop and implement a new communications infrastructure in support of sales and brand promotion activities.
Bloom is a healthcare focused insurance agency located in Bloomington, IN. We’re growing and transforming the healthcare insurance industry through our sales automation technology platform, optimizing the member experience from the first moment a client considers a health plan membership.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The following are required to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Creates and produces branding that effectively describe and promote company products through all presentation, marketing, communications, and public relations channels.
- Manage and oversee all content development across various marketing campaigns, ensuring branding and messaging consistently and effectively promote the vision to the consumer and stakeholders.
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly newsletter or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Assist with creation of marketing, communication and sales campaigns, including direct mail, e-solicitation and special appeals.
- Draft content for website, email, and social media channels. Assist with social media accounts and manage various email accounts, directing emails to the appropriate team member as needed. Assist in maintenance of company websites ensuring that content is current, fresh, and engaging.
- Assist with photography and videography.
- Organize initiatives and assist in helping plan internal events and initiatives.
- Create and update collateral in InDesign, Microsoft Office suite, and Canva programs, to ensure brand compliance and consistency.
- Design invitations, signage, handouts, and programs and coordinate production and mailings with print/mail vendors.
- Process invoices related to marketing and communication expenses including but not limited to tracking vendor invoices, creating purchase orders, verifying invoice amount is within budget and in compliance with contract or agreement.
- Act as a resource, providing marketing and communication consultation to internal team as appropriate
- Prepare reports of all performance metrics for review/analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- One to two years of experience developing and designing marketing and communication materials in a workplace, internship, or relevant classroom setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, social media platforms, and email marketing software (MailChimp).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Results-oriented with a strong customer service focus.
- Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Solid understanding of project management principles.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to accurately manage priorities and workflow within set timeframes. Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and work as a member of a team.
- Can maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Should be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours as necessary.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to evaluate market reactions, forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Effective and persuasive presentation, oral and written communication skills.