B2B tech content manager
As the PR agency’s content manager, you will have the opportunity to write content on behalf of clients and BLASTmedia, further develop and uphold agency standards for writing, and ultimately help shape how the agency offers content as a service to our clients.
In this role, you will own and execute content-focused projects, including the development of blogs, byline articles and other ghostwritten pieces that will be used to position clients and the agency as thought leaders and fulfill editorial requests for content from national and trade media outlets.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Participate in content ideation sessions with both internal team members and clients
- Write creative, audience-specific content that supports our clients, including blog posts, bylined articles, ebooks and case studies
- Research diverse topics related to B2B technology and SaaS, and turn ideas into cohesive, compelling content
- Act as the agency’s editor-in-chief, reviewing and editing content drafted by other members of the agency
- Participate in client calls or client meetings to provide insight on thought leadership content best practices
- Manage freelance and other contracted writers, as needed, to fulfill specific content needs
- Lead continuing-education efforts surrounding content best practices, including holding agency-wide training sessions
- Provide feedback on the direction of agency and client content strategy, including trends in journalism and content marketing
- Advise the agency’s executive team on content service offerings and delivery methods
Established in 2005, BLASTmedia is the only PR agency in the US dedicated to B2B SaaS, representing companies in all growth stages — from startup to publicly traded. BLASTmedia understands the challenges associated with scaling a SaaS business and uses media coverage and thought leadership campaigns to impact four primary pillars: investors, employees, partners, and customers.
BLASTmedia provides competitive wages, paid gym and personal trainer access, paid holidays, PTO and benefits, including a 401(k) plan with discretionary employer match, continuing education stipend and bonus opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our open office environment and team structure provide a challenging, fun and highly-energetic work culture inclusive of a stocked fridge with drinks and snacks and half-day Fridays during the summer months.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with a command of grammar, AP style and devotion to getting the details right
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and translating complex B2B technologies and concepts for a more general audience
- Experience writing for B2B technology companies and/or publications
- Proven ability to write drafts quickly, deliver content within specific deadlines and evolve content based on client and editor feedback
- Ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams throughout the agency
- Experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain consistent style and voice for each client, as well as write in different styles depending on client and audience
- Strong understanding of online media channels, trends, search engine optimization (SEO)
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or a related field
- 3+ years of PR, journalism, copywriting or other relevant experience
- Proven experience managing direct reports
- Experience working at or on behalf of a SaaS brand, agency experience or tech journalism experience a plus
Apply at BLASTmedia.com/careers