Public Relations Manager - Public Policy
Indiana Farm Bureau is seeking a Public Relations Manager – Public Policy to provide strategic communications to support the Indiana Farm Bureau (INFB) Public Policy Team.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Develop and implement an annual Public Policy communications plan to support the Public Policy Team (PPT), which may include, but is not limited to, media relations, social media, direct mail and email marketing communications.
- Increase the awareness of PPT issues and activities with INFB members, elected officials and the public at large.
Function as the premier advocate for farmers and agriculture in Indiana.
- Present creative communications ideas to raise the profile of the PPT and its efforts on behalf of INFB members and the general public on a timely and ongoing basis.
- Maintain strong ties to Indianapolis political and government reporters to position the PPT team and INFB leaders as expert resources for media stories.
- Establish relationships with local newspapers throughout Indiana.
- Write and edit news releases, emails, newsletters and news stories in support of INFB positions.
- Communicate regularly with INFB County leaders to make them aware of major legislative and regulatory developments through current news advisories and speaking points.
- Ensure videos and photos of members and staff working on behalf of INFB is available through the INFB website and social media outlets.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with legislative media staff and communications staff of state and federal elected officials with whom INFB interacts.
- Coordinate member participation in legislative events.
- Assist with INFB annual meeting and events.
Do you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, Public Relations or Marketing?
- A minimum five years’ of experience in corporate, agency or governmental communications? Background or knowledge or agriculture a plus, but not required.
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills?
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and public relations strategies and tactics?
- The ability to write and implement successful communications plans?
- The ability to work with Indianapolis and statewide media outlets?
- Working knowledge of public policy at the local, state, and federal levels?
- Working knowledge of photography and videography? Requires excellent research and editing skills.
- The ability to plan and implement events?