Communications Manager - Public Relations/Social Media
Join Girl Scouts of Central Indiana’s communication team to share your public relations talents to impact the lives of generations of girls. Position includes:
- Manages media relations in regional areas across the council’s 45 counties, including media markets of Bloomington, Columbus, Lafayette, Muncie, Richmond, and Terre Haute and surrounding media markets. Regularly promotes Girl Scouts via public service announcements, media alerts, opinion editorials, and press releases, along with stories from Girl Scouts / troops.
- Manages social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Coordinates Girl Scout participation in various PR opportunities across the 45 counties.
- Develops and coordinates scripts and presentations for GSCI events as needed.
- Writes articles for newsletters and other publications as needed.
- Serves as Girl Scouts of the USA advocacy representative for the council. This includes participation in GSUSA hosted webinars, and providing summary of GSUSA advocacy priorities to council CEO. At least one time annually leads a communication strategy to connect with local elected officials in collaboration with CCO and CEO regarding the impacts of GSCI
- Meets regularly with departments to help achieve council goals, and consult and advise on related brand and communications strategies.
- Assists in design of organization’s communications plan, helps implement the plan, and creates timelines for projects and events.
- Provides communications support during events.
- Develops a depth of knowledge regarding the design of the Girl Scout Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned to support the goals and objectives of GSCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing); equivalent experience considered.
- Three to five years professional experience.
- Computer proficiency:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) helpful
- Demonstrated abilities: planning, time management, follow through and meeting multiple deadlines.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Networking skills and aptitude.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
Please send a sample news release and corresponding pitch email to email@example.com.
Direct link to position https://girlscoutsindiana.hirecentric.com/jobs/168939.html
** Three to five years of professional experience preferred