Associate Director of Communications
The Associate Director of Communications is a full-time position that plays an integral role on the Phi Kappa Psi Headquarters communications team. The team is responsible for all external-facing communications and marketing efforts.
- The Associate Director of Communications plays a vital role in the creation, development, and execution of all Fraternity communications including:
- Coordinates with the Editor of The Shield on story boards, magazine themes and overall communication strategy by strategically building relationships with alumni, current members, and friends of the Fraternity
- Develops and executes the Fraternity’s email strategy, event and program communication materials, and targeted mailings to various audiences
- Manages all aspects of phikappapsi.com and has full command of the WordPress platform
- Works with outside vendors as it relates to various digital and creative services
- Works in conjunction with other team members to promote and improve various programs through the marketing lens
- Works alongside the Senior Director of Communications to maximize coverage of Phi Kappa Psi events and programs
- The Associate Director of Communications must be knowledgeable in areas of multi-channel, strategic marketing and is expected to:
- Possess superior writing and speaking skills, with command of Associated Press Style, social media and other technology platforms including, but not limited to Hootsuite, GoTo Meeting, and MailChimp
- Assist in the development and distribution of online materials for alumni, volunteers, and students using identified methods
- Act in a professional manner in the office and on business travel, and adhere to the Fraternity’s staff policies
- Coordinate with the Senior Director of Communications to ensure all outreach efforts align with the Fraternity’s strategic plan
- Look for innovative approaches to connect with target markets
- Have strong levels of creativity and the ability to generate ideas
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required
- Have a basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- The Associate Director of Communications is a person dedicated to growing his or her knowledge and skills in the communications field, works to be a resource of expertise, is reliable, seaks responsibility, and is deadline oriented. This team member will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Communications.
Reports to the Senior Director of Communications. As a member of the Headquarters team, the Associate Director of Communications will support and assist other staff members in all areas of communications.
Participates in projects with other interfraternal organizations when appropriate, while also coordinating projects with communications vendors as needed. Maintains appropriate relationships with interfraternity colleagues, and acts as a staff liaison to the Fraternity Communications Association.
The Associate Director of Communications should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with concentration in journalism, public relations, marketing, or digital communications, and one to three years of progressive experience. Additionally, they must be able to work independently and be a teamplayer. Some travel, evening and weekend work is required. Accreditation in Public Relations is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous time off, paid leave, and retirement.
For more information and to apply please visit https://www.phikappapsi.com/about/career-opportunities/.