Director of Marketing & Communications
At the Boone County Economic Development Corporation (Boone EDC), we seek the right economic opportunities to support strong communities and enhance the quality of life for all Boone County residents. We aim to be a catalyst for smart growth strategies and forge mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations capable of understanding and further enriching the unique assets that the residents of Boone County have built.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy which will increase the Boone EDC’s visibility locally and Boone County’s position domestically and internationally.
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports directly to the Executive Director.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and execute annual marketing strategy
- Develop general and community- and industry-specific marketing pieces, both electronically and in print
- Maintain Boone EDC website and contact databases, including blog
- Monitor, maintain, and grow social media presence
- Draft and distribute press releases and e-newsletters
- Represent the Boone EDC at public meetings and community events as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of study
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Adobe suite and Microsoft products
- Marketing experience preferred
- Thinks creatively, strategically, and independently
- Effective time management
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work some evenings, including some out-of-the-area and overnight travel
- Reliable transportation
Email cover letter, resume, and examples of work (no more than 5) to Molly Whitehead, Executive Director, by email at MWhitehead@BooneEDC.org by 5 pm EST on Friday, February 7, 2020.