Communications Manager - BioMedicines
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world. #WeAreLilly
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? We are seeking a member on our team who has experience in professional communications including previous experience working with the media. Read on to find out more about this opportunity, where you will enjoy meaningful work, build a successful career and make important contributions to our patients’ lives!
The consultant will be responsible for the development and execution of global communications strategies for key initiatives that align with the Lilly Bio-Medicines strategic imperatives. The job will focus on strategic consumer campaigns in conjunction with marketing. The position also includes a focus on external communications leadership for environment shaping activities, social media, brand initiatives, scientific data, regulatory milestones and issues management.
The consultant will report to the Lilly Bio-Medicines Communications Director and operate cross-functionally within Bio-Medicines, as well as with other Communications and Corporate Affairs colleagues, Investor Relations and affiliates.
Specifically, this person will:
- Integrate and partner with Corporate Affairs and Bio-Medicines brand teams to develop strategies and implement communication tactics that influence external audiences (including customers, key environmental influencers, advocates, media and caregivers/consumers).
- Partner with colleagues to advance environmental shaping communications, social and digital media efforts and earned media strategy and execution across Bio-Medicines.
- Manage day-to-day public relations activities, including direction of the PR agency of record.
- Prepare/oversee development of strategy and materials for communications for news media and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a professional communications position (journalist or corporate communicator).
- Experience working with the media, writing for print and electronic media; ability to write on deadline.
- Strong strategic thinker with experience in project management.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of creative and strategic communication plans and organizational change management.
- Experience with scientific disclosures and other pharmaceutical PR work.
- Strong background in media relations, including interacting with A-list media and serving as a spokesperson.
- Experience creating and executing communications plans, including for highly sensitive information and crisis communications.
- Ability to juggle many projects at once in a fast-paced environment with very tight deadlines. Must be able to work well under stress.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and make good trade-off decisions.
- Superior writing skills and ability to translate complex messages into clear, concise, compelling communications.
- Experience interacting with and providing appropriate communications counsel and support to senior leaders. Able to influence others.
- Meticulous and exacting attention to detail, but also able to grasp the big picture.
- Strong preference for experience in creating and executing impactful consumer campaigns, specifically at an agency or within a similar environment.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/2NUCXXj