Social Media Specialist
Primary responsibilities include collaborating with the marketing team to execute the day-to-day social media strategy and tactics including creation of social media content, writing, photography, and video; managing the social content calendar, responding to and engaging with followers; crafting quality content to share with our audience; providing meaningful reporting for the management team; managing FFA’s social image through social monitoring; tracking performance of various social media initiatives to improve business results; maintaining knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within new media. Obtains social media direction from the Manager, Organization Marketing to assist in developing goals and tasks.
• Contribute to and implement social media strategy to align with overall marketing and communications strategy and goals.
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content based on the social media strategy (e.g. original text, photos, videos and curated content).
• Communicate and engage with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner.
• Implement design of social media accounts.
• Suggest and implement new features or promotions to develop brand awareness and engagement.
• Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
• Leverage database management, data mining techniques and online customer insight to help determine message timing and content.
• Collaborate with other marketing teams on using social media optimization.
• Create social media campaigns and supports the execution of integrated marketing campaigns on social channels as needed.
• Performs research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences as needed.
• Flexible and able to learn new skills and adapt to changing priorities.
• Demonstrates proactivity and curiosity.
• Maintains knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, including excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
• Hands-on experience in social media content creation and planning.
• Ability to create quality social media images and video.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
• Minimum of two years of experience in social media marketing; creating, executing and measuring success of social media campaigns; writing creative content for social media properties.
• Knowledge/experience with FFA or other youth leadership organizations and managing social media for ecommerce are preferred.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our career website at https://www.ffa.org/careers-at-ffa/