Marketing and Communications Manager
Beyond Monumental is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization whose primary purpose is to conduct events and programs whose proceeds directly result in fueling its core mission of actively supporting youth health and well-being through exceptional events and programs.
Beyond Monumental plans and executes three signature running events in the greater Indianapolis area (the CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, the Indy Half Marathon at Fort Ben and the Monumental Mile), as well as a youth health and wellness program (Monumental Kids Movement), and is searching for a passionate new team member.
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for all direct communication through e-mail marketing, social networks and online via all websites. Additional responsibilities will include planning and managing a comprehensive, year-round brand & marketing strategy, development of all marketing collateral and partnerships through ad buys, print materials, and in-kind partnerships to drive registrations across all Beyond Monumental events. The Marketing and Communications Manager will also manage public relations as it relates to press release and media inquiries.
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of 4-6 years of professional work experience and have the following competencies:
- Direct brand management experience;
- Familiarity and experience creating e-mail marketing campaigns & managing social media platforms;
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager platform;
- Proven experience writing press releases and working with the media;
- Demonstrated experience using data to make decisions;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- History of providing exemplary customer service;
- Ability to manage several project simultaneously;
- Experience using a CRM system preferred;
- Experience in the sport of distance running and/or the event industry desired (not required)
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.