To help continue our rapid growth, we are searching for a Communications Manager to serve on KSMC’s Brand team. As our Communications Manager, you’ll help develop and execute initiatives that strengthen brand identity and build KSMC brand advocates with clients, employees, and the market. You’ll work with employees at all levels to understand their viewpoints and create messaging for both internal and external business communication. You are eager to learn and develop content that builds our brand recognition while generating buzz about what we can do for our clients.
Consider your day-to-day responsibilities in this role. As our Communications Manager, you’ll help drive market, client, and employee engagement through storytelling and authentic, timely communication by:
- Understanding and maintaining a consistent brand voice and presence that aligns with KSMC’s mission, vision, and values — and ensure all online and offline content fits this established brand.
- Demonstrating the ability to manage projects on time and on budget and demonstrate decision-making abilities to maximize positive outcomes and build alignment.
- Developing and implementing effective communication strategies that build employee engagement, client loyalty programs, brand awareness, and client experience.
- Creating internal communications protocols and initiatives that foster employee engagement and work with other departments to provide communications support for internal initiatives.
- Managing internal communications plans, including driving story development for sharing internal and external.
- Creating informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related communications materials as well as prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Creating engaging stories to tell internally and externally.
- Reaching out to influencers, media, and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level.
- Supporting strategic initiatives including, but not limited to, developing creative assets, content, website maintenance, and optimization, etc.
- Creating and deploying effective messaging that explains what we do, who we are, and how we approach things as a KSMC’er
- Participating in meetings to learn and inherit the “why” behind what we do as an organization.
- Recommending updates for processes to make these efforts more efficient and acting as support compliance for the team.
Some of the qualifications and skills we expect include the following:
- Minimum 7+ years in marketing, client experience, or communication roles
- Outstanding project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Skillful in art/creative direction
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal
- MS Office expertise. Adobe suite experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with successful delivery and minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas for social media
- Capable of working independently or in a team setting
- Excellent media relations skills
- Demonstrated experience writing content and communication to a variety of audiences. (writing samples required)