Seeking a creative, detail-oriented public relations account manager to join our growing PR firm. We look forward to adding a skilled and highly organized individual to strategically plan, execute and manage PR programs for a portfolio of clients while maintaining positive relationships with both reporters and Porch Light clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day client activities and serve as clients’ primary day to day contact, running weekly calls with assigned clients and coordinate scheduling, agendas, and notes.
- Coordinate and supervise account team needed to carry out client service requirements
- Develop strategic, well-organized, well-written public relations campaigns
- Effectively execute public relations campaigns through media outreach, content creation, and event participation to drive measurable results
- Monitor, report and evaluate campaign success and adjust when necessary
- Maintain strong relationships with the media
- Provide strategy and direction on how to leverage industry breaking news and trends to client and account team
- Participate in relevant training sessions to actively gain more knowledge and increase skills within client relations as well as within account teams
- Participate in developing new business opportunities, as needed
- Ensure that supervisor is kept fully informed on activities of the team, media, and clients.
- College degree in Journalism, communications, English, or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years of public relations, media, or marketing experience
- Skilled writer and understanding of AP Style
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of media monitoring databases and platforms
- Social media savvy
- A successful candidate will be extremely organized and efficient, able to think strategically, work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and have a professional demeanor
- Available to occasionally work early mornings, nights, or weekends
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.