Director of Marketing & Public Relations
Boy Scouts of America, recently recognized as one of Forbes Best Nonprofits to Work For, is one of the nation’s largest, values-based youth development organizations. Our local council, Crossroads of America Council, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, serves 34,000 youth and 7,000 adult volunteers in 26 counties in central Indiana. Our program opportunities for young men and women ages 6-20 include Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Exploring, STEM Scouts and Reaching for Tomorrow.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
The Marketing & Public Relations Director provides leadership to develop, implement, and maintain all marketing, communications, and department support plans and activities towards accomplishing the Council’s strategic plan. They ensure coordination, consistency, and integrity of the Crossroads of America Council and Boy Scouts of America brand. They also develop and execute a positive internal and external public relations plan and crisis communication strategy while serving as official spokesperson for the council.
In conjunction with and through leadership of the marketing team:
- Develop, maintain and update all council social media, website and communications, maintaining a standard of quality and consistency
- Maintain and update style guide for council communications
- Provide leadership to volunteer committees that support the council’s public relations efforts
- Secure positive coverage of Scouting stories in central Indiana media
- Responsible for the council’s marketing and public relations budget, tracking results/ROI of marketing efforts
- Support other departments in their efforts to recruit members, raise funds, and market summer camp and other council programs
- Serve as staff leader for department team members
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences
- Self-motivated with solid time management and strong organization skills in management, budgeting and planning
- Nonprofit and previous staff leader experience a plus
- Scouting knowledge helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years of experience in a marketing or public relations role
Our corporate headquarters is located in a beautiful, park-like setting on the northeast side of Indianapolis. In addition to offering a competitive starting salary based on experience, the Crossroads of America Council offers a comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage in addition to short- and long-term disability, accident and life insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match and generous paid time off. All councils are equal opportunity employers.
Submit resume to email@example.com