Public Relations & Content Manager
dgs is currently seeking an experienced departmental manager with proven writing skills to elevate the department and creatively tell our clients’ stories across a wide variety of mediums. This position is hands-on, responsible for understanding and applying client and agency strategy, managing workflow within the department, overseeing two staff copywriters and freelancers as needed, contributing to media relations efforts as well as maintaining individual writing responsibilities.
Please note that qualified candidates must currently reside in the Indianapolis area.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Organizing priorities – You’ll work with the account management team and others to manage deadlines and prioritize your workload and that of the writing department.
- Strategizing and planning – You’ll develop a keen understanding of client objectives and contribute to strategy.
- Tell stories – You’ll write pieces running the full gamut of communications materials, from corporate brochures to technical articles to speeches and scripts and more, all in support of taking our clients’ stories to their customers and prospects.
- Engaging the media – You’ll build and develop relationships and engage the media to tell important stories from a customer’s perspective.
- Learning every day – Our client base encompasses specialized products and is growing more diverse, so you’ll have no shortage of information to absorb.
- Collaborating with peers – You’ll be working with the account management, design and digital teams to ensure high quality results that meet client objectives.
Key benefits of this position include:
- 100% paid employee health premium
- Competitive 401k plan with employer matching
- Eight paid holidays; extra week of vacation during December holiday
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Work-from-home options
- Casual dress code
- Flat, transparent business model where employee feedback is valued, and suggestions are applied
And last, but certainly not least, once you’re here, you’ll love that we’re:
- Established, but still fresh – We’ve been in the business for over 36 years, and maintain a progressive culture and, frankly, a phenomenal team – We come from diverse backgrounds, have a wide range of personalities and excel in supporting each other to achieve awesome results.
- Employee centric – What’s important to our team members is important to our management and you’ll see that reflected in transparent communication and our approach to constant improvement.
If this sounds like you, what you want to do and where you want to work, apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A confident communicator – Comfortable with media pitches and client presentations, you can succinctly tell a compelling story and call others to action. You know you can handle whatever comes your way and can ably manage deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- A superb storyteller – From ad headlines to feature articles to blogs, you identify and use hooks that pull readers to your work. Your writing engages the reader and pulls them through the story you’re telling.
- A detail detective – You excel at recognizing which details are important and building your narrative around them. You like to know what makes things tick and view knowledge as innately rewarding.
- A fan of the fast lane – You are proactive and highly organized and adapt well to unanticipated needs – Quick turnarounds don’t phase you. Self-motivated and professional, you see what needs to be done and do it.
- Tested and proven – You’ve reached the point where you have some wins under your belt and can effectively articulate and demonstrate your abilities. You have a strategic and tactical understanding of all media platforms and the role played by each.
- APR certification is preferred.
Please begin the application process by clicking on this link.