Public Relations Account Executive
Account executives are key drivers of proactive PR execution, strategic ideation and content creation. Account executives are expected to lead execution, with an emphasis on media relations and content development, as directed by the account lead(s).
The ideal candidate is motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a knack for strategic/critical thinking and problem solving. We need self-starters and team players who enjoy telling clients’ stories and collaborating with their peers and clients.
Preference will go toward those with 2-3 years of experience in public relations (agency experience is a plus). Salary will reflect level of experience and includes a great benefits package. Other perks include – but are not limited to – flex hours options, work-from-home opportunities, a professional development allowance, organizational coaching, unlimited vacation time and the work anniversary “Wheel of Celebration,” among many others.
This is an immediate opening. You can view the full job posting here.
- Serve as a lead on select accounts, delegating deliverables and priorities to the team.
- Lead day-to-day client communications, both written and verbal.
- Play a key role in the onboarding process for new clients and contribute to strategic plan development and presentation.
- Support strategic planning and development, as directed by account lead(s).
- Contribute to content creation with a focus on bylines, press releases, case studies, award nominations, speaking proposals and more.
- Support (often leading) ideation for pitching angles, byline topics, award opportunities, etc. and contribute to development of these items.
- Play a key role in reporting efforts on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support (often leading) media relations execution and securing consistent, impactful media coverage for their roster of clients.
- Contribute to business initiatives (when available) outside of account work, such as Dittoe PR’s social media management, content creation for Dittoe PR’s blog, new employee mentoring, volunteer coordination, etc.
- Attend local networking events at minimum twice per quarter.
- Understand how to utilize all research and reporting tools including, Muck Rack, Critical Mention, Google Analytics, etc.
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin by early June.
To apply, send your personalized cover letter, resume with references and relevant work examples to Greta Snell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Account Executive.” No phone calls, please.