Senior Communications Consultant
The Regulated Utilities Senior Communications Consultant is responsible for providing communications support for Duke Energy’s regulated utility operations in Indiana. The position will develop and execute media strategies, which include responding to media inquiries, serving as a company spokesperson and building and sustaining relationships with key reporters/outlets. The position develops/implements communications on complex issues, provides counsel to business groups and senior leaders, supports executive positioning efforts and assists in the development and implementation of integrated, strategic communications plans to support stakeholder engagement, advocacy and educational efforts/campaigns for legislative, regulatory, operational, reputation management and brand strategies for Duke Energy Indiana. The position also serves as part of the company’s crisis communications team. This position reports to the Director of Energy Solutions, Midwest and Florida Regulated Utilities and Natural Gas Business. The position assists with providing support to the state president and the state president’s organization including local and state governmental affairs, community relations, economic development, regulatory and public affairs. The position will work closely with corporate communications, sustainability, environmental, federal policy and governmental affairs to ensure alignment and advance Duke Energy’s national and regional strategies.
• Develops/implements/measures impact of complex communications plans on varied subjects and issues. Responsibilities include writing key messages, news releases, social media content and other collateral materials.
• Provides counsel to business groups and senior leaders and supports executive positioning efforts.
• Manages any media inquiry, including those that place the company’s reputation at high risk.
• Stays up-to-date on company and industry-related issues and develops communications strategies to address these issues.
• Serves as part of the company’s crisis communications team, often leading the Corp. Comm. work in an event. Also participates in on-call media/emergency duty rotation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations
• In addition to required degree, 5 plus years related work experience
• In addition to desired degree, 8 plus years related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications.
Experience developing and implementing complex communications plans.
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to work efficiently and effectively with clients, teammates, and management.
Strong media relations experience serving as a spokesperson on contentious issues. This includes strategy and message development and maintaining reporter relationships.
Experience working with business unit leaders and providing executive counsel and coaching for media interviews, presentations/speeches.
Experience representing the company externally with challenging audiences in challenging situations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as SharePoint.
Ability to participate in/lead crisis management response.
Previous energy industry experience.
Experience in providing communications counsel and advice to executives.
Accredited in public relations (APR).
Apply by June 15. Details at this link: