Porch Light is seeking a creative, detail-oriented public relations account manager to join our growing PR firm. A successful candidate will be a highly organized individual able to strategically plan, execute and manage PR programs for a portfolio of clients while maintaining positive relationships with both reporters and Porch Light clients.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day client activities and serve as clients’ primary day to day contact, running weekly calls with assigned clients and coordinate scheduling, agendas and notes.
- Coordinate and supervise account team needed to carry out client service requirements
- Develop strategic, well-organized, well-written public relations campaigns
- Effectively execute public relations campaigns through media outreach, content creation and event participation to drive measurable results
- Monitor, report and evaluate campaign success and adjust when necessary
- Maintain strong relationships with the media
- Provide strategy and direction on how to leverage industry breaking news and trends to client and account team
- Participate in relevant training sessions to actively gain more knowledge and increase skills within client relations as well as within account teams
- Participate in developing new business opportunities, as needed
- Ensure that supervisor is kept fully informed on activities of team, media and clients.
- College degree in Journalism, communications, English or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years of public relations, media or marketing experience
- Skilled writer and understanding of AP Style
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of media monitoring databases and platforms
- Social media savvy
- A successful candidate will be extremely organized and efficient, able to think strategically, work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and have a professional demeanor
This is a full-time, 40 hr/week, position that may include occasional evenings and weekends depending on client needs.
Porch Light PR offers a competitive benefits package to all eligible (full-time/40 hr./week) employees. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401K Retirement Plan and generous Paid Time Off.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.