External Communications Program Manager
As the External Communications Program Manager at AgReliant Genetics, you will develop and execute tactical media relations, community outreach and executive visibility strategies that further position the company as a leader in the seed industry.
This role serves as an integral part of the marketing function. You will work closely with all leadership levels, including executives, as well as cross-functionally with multiple departments throughout the organization. A successful candidate must possess strong leadership, writing and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects on deadline.
- Develop and execute the media relations strategy for the company and its two U.S. seed brands – AgriGold and LG Seeds – including writing press materials, pitching stories, building media lists, assisting with media events and disseminating press content
- Manage media inquiries and schedule media interviews
- Establish strong relationships with national, local and industry media and organizational partners
- Develop talking points and prepare company spokespeople for interviews and speaking engagements including facilitating internal media trainings
- Assist in the planning and execution of key external executive leadership meetings and events
- Drive the creation and execution of the company’s annual community outreach plan including allocation of charitable donations, sponsorships and volunteerism
- Work closely with the Communications and Events Senior Manager to develop and implement positioning and thought leadership strategies for executives, including national media interviews and speaking opportunities, digital and social media engagement, earned and owned content and other materials
- Set and manage the digital strategy and guidelines for the company’s external website and social media channels, including the social media accounts of company executives
- Monitor and respond to guest comments, reviews and messages in a timely manner
- Monitor, analyze and report on media reports and key share of voice metrics regularly
- Collaborate with the company’s external PR agency to achieve annual objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing / public relations / communications or related field
- 5+ years of professional writing and public relations experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, formal presentation skills, organization and planning, strategic thinking, problem analysis and problem-solving; team-leadership, persuasiveness, adaptability, creativity; judgment, decision-making
- AP style writing
- Ability to work with c-suite leadership as needed
- Courage to make the right recommendations, regardless of leadership sentiment, and provide compelling support for those recommendations
- Excellent computer skills – including but not limited to Microsoft Office products
- Manage basic video production and editing from third-party provider
- Knowledge of seed industry preferred
- Up to 15% travel required
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines
Please contact Amanda Fruland at Amanda.Fruland@agreliantgenetics.com.