The Communications Associate is tasked with the creation of promotional materials, managing brand consistency, social media posts, information dissemination through e-mail and editing of written material. The person in this position should be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite software program, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Spark and must be flexible in their ability across various mediums such as content creation, journalism, graphic design, social media writing and analytics as well as being proficient in WordPress editing and posting. Different departments rely on the Communications Associate to aid in the creation of written and visual materials. These requests are compiled through the request system and all reasonable requests should be fulfilled in a timely manner. Thus, the ideal candidate for this position is able to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines. Experience in that type of work environment is a plus.
The responsibilities of the Communications Associate include but is not limited to:
- Writing e-mails to be sent to large groups of people for a variety of reasons (provide news, send invitations, etc.)
- Developing content for magazines, website and social media
- Handling page layout responsibilities and some graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suit
- Preparing content/materials for external meetings
- Overseeing the various social media accounts for the fraternity (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.) including managing interactions with followers, developing content and posting in a timely manner
- Implementing and maintaining site design and operation
- Maintaining branding standards for the fraternity’s promotional material and other materials
- Editing or creating chapter newsletters
- Editing and proofreading communication materials and texts
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in media relations, journalism, communications or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stay on deadline
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a large team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Skills in design software (In design, Illustrator) website software and social media platforms preferred.
Please email resume to Lynsie@aepi.org.