Communications Coordinator Project Management & Writing
Utilizes strong verbal and written communications skills along with a positive, hands-on attitude to strategically support the goals of Hoosier Energy. Embraces the “team” concept but also has the ability to work independently while supporting, implementing and completing projects and programs as part of the Communications Department in regard to corporate and member system needs. Produces materials and provides support to effectively communicate the policies, practices and programs of Hoosier Energy to employees, member systems, consumers, the media, the public and other audiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts research/interviews for, writes and edits editorial copy, marketing-based collateral, meeting summaries, personnel bios and news/feature stories. Provides photography support for publications and events, as needed.
- Serves as primary contact for Hoosier Energy website content maintenance. Also develops and maintains websites for external member co-ops as they incorporate relative Hoosier Energy programs including My Solar.
- Works as organization’s main Communications Department contact for ongoing development/maintenance of member portal service platform.
- Compiles and distributes electronic Corporate Communications Toolbox for member co-ops. Also assists with the electronic distribution of internal and external publications to Hoosier Energy employees and its member co-ops.
- Manages, monitors and maintains organization’s social media presence.
- Provides support for member co-op meetings and events, as needed.
- Oversees other projects, as assigned, within established budgets and timelines, in support of the seven cooperative principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field minimum.
- Four years of progressive job experience including interviewing, writing, reporting, editing, photography and event support.
- Experience in the electrical cooperative industry preferred.
- Website management experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude and ability to motivate others.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills to identify, anticipate and resolve challenges.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and InDesign.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact preferred but not required.
- Website maintenance experience preferred but not required.
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please apply online at www.hoosierenergy.com/careers or the direct link of https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/HOO1006HEECI/JobBoard/d2bd89ae-5c9c-494f-9f12-45e36d897985/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=12b0e4e6-0e31-4eb3-9b85-122dd182df65