Community Outreach Manager
The City of Fishers is seeking a full-time Community Outreach Manager. This position is designed for an individual who is innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in civic engagement. This person will be required to balance strategy development, writing, and desk work alongside getting out in the community to meet new people in various settings, host stakeholder meetings, and present customized solutions to community challenges. This individual must have strong communications skills including oral, written, and interpersonal, to be successful in this position. This individual should be comfortable delegating tasks and managing others, collaborating across the organization, and holding staff accountable. The individual must have strong situational awareness, a strategic eye, and be driven to ensure successful execution of tasks.
Examples of Duties
- Establish and execute strategy for community outreach for the City, engaging internal and external stakeholders and City leadership, that leads to the City’s goals of maximizing the effectiveness of outreach activities as it relates to growing civic pride and strengthening community relationships.
- In coordination with Community Engagement Coordinator, identify potential community partners and build lasting and reciprocal relationships using small group meetings, coffee talks, open houses, presentations, and other techniques to facilitate engagement with the public to solve community problems. Represent the City of Fishers on committees and community groups, as needed.
- Coordinate and execute quarterly Business Council meetings with internal departments and local businesses.
- Act as the Community and Public Relations Department’s liaison to the Fishers Advisory Committee on Disability, which meets quarterly, to identify community outreach and storytelling opportunities. This position will lead and execute the plans for March Disability Awareness Month in conjunction with the event subcommittee, PR and Marketing Manager, other City departments, and external stakeholders.
- Develop strong content for the City’s social media, blog, website, media, and resident communications that supports the City’s goals and voice standards. This includes copywriting, managing requests for video and photography, etc.
- Lead communications strategy and execution for City departments with high resident impact, including Engineering, Planning & Zoning, and Department of Public Works.
- Work alongside Fishers Engineering and Public Works Departments to develop communications strategy for roadway and other infrastructure projects for both businesses and residents.
- Manage Community Engagement Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure completion of established goals.
- Oversee the City’s volunteer program, supporting the Volunteer Coordinator’s execution of maximizing community and business participation in volunteerism.
- Establish strategy and execute resident communications related to the development of the Nickel Plate Trail, including but not limited to internal team meetings, monthly resident communications, etc. Long-term, this role would coordinate with Fishers Parks on communications needs related to the trail.
- Support Assistant Director of Community & Public Relations on the management of the This Is Fishers Committee focused on enhancing community engagement.
- Develop opportunities for HSE Schools to engage with the City of Fishers including, but not limited to, school field trips, in-classroom outreach, etc.
- Collaborate with Community & Public Relations Team, along with community partners, on planning and hosting community events, including Fishers’ Sesquicentennial Celebration, Fishers Honors events, and the semiannual Shop Fishers series.
- This position requires the ability to summarize complicated topics in simple forms for general consumption. Additionally, the ability for this position to communicate and brief city leaders and elected officials effectively is critical.
- This position and related outputs will be measured against the Department’s Key Performance Indicators and identified goals for the individual and team.
- The person holding this position will typically work regular hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) but at times will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings including offices, community meetings, and businesses.
- Frequent independent travel throughout the City of Fishers is required.
Bachelor’s degree with course work in community outreach, public relations, communication, journalism, non-profit management, or related field and experience in social media engagement across various platforms, public relations, public presentation, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous writing experience for public consumption is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Communications, Journalism, Non-Profit Management, or equivalent preferred;
- 3-5 years’ work experience in communications, public relations, nonprofit or community engagement highly preferred;
- Experience using basic business software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms including Sprout Social, communications software such as Delivra, content management systems (CivicPlus), as well as project management software such as Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, and customer relationship management technology. Must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies;
- Previous experience managing a team preferred;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Position requires a broad skill set centered around cultural awareness, human development and group dynamics;
- Basic understanding of policy and context and the role of local government required;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is essential and must be able to make public presentations;
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and prioritize work as well as work on multiple projects at one time is required;
- Flexible, self-directed, problem solver with an attention to detail;
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to take a rapid COVID-19 test everyday at the beginning of a work shift.
Apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/3271226-0/community-outreach-manager?keyword=&location=City%20of%20fishers&pagetype=searchPage