PR Marketing Coordinator
The City of Fishers is hiring a part-time PR and Marketing Coordinator. This role will provide administrative and implementation support to the Community and Public Relations department, primarily for the Director, Assistant Director, and Marketing & PR Manager. This position primarily supports the department through digital communications platforms, media relations support, and multimedia production. Part-time hours for this role are flexible and will total approximately 25 hours per week. The person in this position will typically work regular hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) but at times will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities.
Examples of Duties
- Execute social media and digital communications strategy for the City of Fishers and assist Marketing & PR Manager with the strategy, development, and implementation of the City’s social media channels.
- Support the ongoing social media needs of the Fishers Health Department.
- Support initiatives and campaigns as directed by the PR and Marketing Manager through marketing, digital communications, and promotional support.
- Assist with monitoring and resolving notifications received on the City’s social media platforms using approved messaging in a timely manner.
- Proactively seek digital marketing assets to include graphics, photography, and video. Oftentimes, creating these assets.
- Support Marketing & PR Manager with the City’s social media ambassador program, including tracking and monitoring campaigns.
- Monitor and report on trends and analytics related to social media engagement via monthly reporting.
- Execute web updates requested from internal departments, including but not limited to, blog posts, in a timely manner.
- Assist with media relations tasks including authoring media materials, fulfilling photo requests, coordinating interviews and video shoots, etc.
- Author blog posts for the City of Fishers’ blog on ThisIsFishers.com.
- Learn the City of Fishers’ digital software tools to effectively execute tactics including Delivra, Sprout Social, Wordpress, Brandfolder, and others.
- Provide occasional on-site event support, including but not limited to, event set up and tear down, social media posting during the event, event photography, and other duties as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the department including, but not limited to, managing the purchasing, ordering, and acceptance of materials; distributing promotional materials; interacting with stakeholders in person or via phone or email as a representative of the City; and preparing and distributing campaign materials.
- This position requires the ability to summarize complicated topics in simple forms for general consumption. Additionally, the ability for this position to communicate and brief City leaders and colleagues effectively is critical.
- This position and related outputs will be measured against the Department’s Key Performance Indicators and identified goals for the individual and team.
- The person holding this position will typically work regular hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) but at times will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to complete assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings including offices, community meetings, and businesses.
- Frequent independent travel throughout the City of Fishers is required.
Bachelor’s degree with course work in public relations, communication, journalism, or related field and experience in social media engagement across various platforms, public relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous writing experience for public consumption is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Communications, Journalism, or equivalent preferred;
- 1-3 years’ work experience in communications, public relations, and marketing highly preferred;
- Experience using basic business software such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms including Sprout Social, communications software such as Delivra, content management systems (CivicPlus), as well as project management software such as Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, and customer relationship management technology. Must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies;
- Ability to design and properly layout graphics required;
- Ability to edit photos and video preferred;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is essential;
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and prioritize work as well as work on multiple projects at one time is required;
- Flexible, self-directed, problem solver with an attention to detail;
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to take a rapid COVID-19 test weekly at the beginning of a work shift.
Apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fishersin/jobs/3294485/pr-marketing-coordinator-part-time?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs