As Visit Indy, it’s our job to promote the city of Indianapolis. And that job has never been easier, more energizing or more rewarding than it is right now. As an unprecedented level of cooperation between business and government boosts Indianapolis to a completely new level, we’re reveling in the opportunity to show our city off. That’s why we are searching for an organized, self-motivated, positive, proactive individual to join the team as a Marketing Specialist.
To position Indy as a thriving destination in support of attracting leisure visitors from across the U.S., including implementing social media strategies, running promotional contests, creating online content, and implementing additional integrated marketing programs. All Visit Indy team members reflect the organization’s “3 Ps” culture – productive, positive and progressive.
Social Media Execution
- Create organic (unpaid) posts directing back to Visit Indy’s online properties for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Launch and maintain TikTok account with brand voice
- Represent Visit Indy as the social media spokesperson on behalf of Visit Indy’s social media platforms, responding to user questions – both during and outside offices hours.
- Provide expertise to Visit Indy staff by educating and training on social media best practices.
- Represent Visit Indy and attend events throughout the city to generate content on Visit Indy’s social channels.
- Using data to track, forecast, analyze and report social growth across all social media.
- Acquire user-generated content via Crowdriff for repurposing.
- Develop and plan itineraries and serve as a representative of Visit Indy while hosting social influencers on weekend trips.
- Build, maintain, and nurture strong social media communities throughout Indy while representing Visit Indy.
- Establish and create prize packages for more than 100 giveaways per year for social and e-mail promotions.
- Manage contests by creating landing pages, promotion execution, and prize delivery.
- Manage freelance blog team to publish timely blog content to VisitIndy.com.
- Manage social channels for Film Indy (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Write and develop timely blog content for FilmIndy.com.
- Represent Film Indy as the social media spokesperson on behalf of Film Indy’s social media platforms, responding to user questions – both during and outside offices hours.
- Write, design, and graphically develop visually stimulating presentation decks for use in communicating to various key stakeholders groups like Visit Indy’s Board of Directors and Tourism Think Tank.
- To help market the destination, identify and establish unique amenities that position the destination as vibrant and live within the Visit Indy brand— to be gifted to VIP meeting planners— including managing a $23,500+ budget to source, negotiate costs, order, and manage the inventory of gifts.
Event and Marketing Support
- Assist Marketing Manager and Events and Communications Manager with onsite logistics at key organizational events.
- Assist Associate Director of Marketing with requisitions for $1 million ad buy.
- Delegates to marketing intern as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience managing social media for a brand is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service abilities.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to focus on details, handle multiple tasks, and remain highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with a variety of customers, employees, vendors, partners and the general public, both on a one-on-one basis and in groups; must be a team-player.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, policies and procedures, and other business-related communications.
- Ability to think critically/logically in order to troubleshoot and make recommendations for problems as identified.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Proficient computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet browsers, and e-mail systems.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work non-routine hours such as late night, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- This position requires some physical activity, such as reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling; it requires occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and moving (up to 35 pounds).
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to move in and between various facilities and handle exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
Compensation and Flexible Schedule
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package based on his or her qualifications and experience. Visit Indy offers medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, a generous 401k plan, paid time off, flex time, and a host of other progressive benefits.
Apply online here.