Digital Marketing Manager
The Eiteljorg Museum is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Digital Marketing Manager to join the Marketing and Communications department. This full-time position will lead the museum’s digital communications efforts including social media, email, and website, and collaborate in the strategic planning and execution of all marketing communications plans The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in communications, media, public relations or related field with minimum of three years of experience in digital marketing or related roles. This position is a combination of content creation and strategy, and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns for the Eiteljorg’s exhibitions,events and other instituitional needs. The ideal candidate should also have a desire and ability to help creatively tell stories and organically promote the museum’s mission to inspire an appreciation and understanding of the art, history, and cultures of the American West and the Indigenous peoples of North America, and willingness to apply the mission to all digital efforts, projects and messaging.
1. Manage and create content for the museum’s social media accounts, website and weekly e-newsletter, as well as any other relevant platforms.
2. Collaborate with director of marketing and communications, public relations manager and graphic designer in day-to-day execution of the overall marketing communications plans.
a. Develop and maintain digital presence with traditional and arts media, tourism and social influencers
b. Promote the museum and its exhibits and events through website content and social media platforms, including the museum’s own platforms as well as those of other outlets and social media influencers.
c. Create/edit photographs and video for social media and website.
d. Serve as a liaison (with director and PR manager) to traditional and digital media outlets and social media influencers, building fruitful relationships nationally, regionally and locally.
3. Foster ongoing relationships with community arts and tourism constituencies (Visit Indy, Downtown Indy Inc., Arts Council of Indianapolis, White River State Park, etc.); foster relationships with artists and community members through digital channels
4. Edit and write content for various assignments, producing clear, concise, clean (error-free) and compelling copy that delivers the institution’s key messages, including proofreading the work of others.
a. Write copy for social media messages across the museum’s channels
b. Write and compile a weekly e-newsletters (and other digital communications) promoting all things about the museum.
c. Create compelling web pages for exhibitions, events and various business units.
d. Ensure that community event calendars are kept updated with timely, relevant information,
e. Ensure proper style and brand standards in materials for distribution to the public.
5. Respond promptly to internal and external communications, social media direct messages from the public and phone messages and redirect them as necessary.
6. Manage projects assigned to the website design firm and other outside resources.
7. Lead involvement in community events with the help of other team members.
8. Manage assigned budget.
9. Co-manage and supervise interns and their day-to-day responsibilities.
10. Maintain visibility with peers and media via professional organizations and personal contact.
11. Manage, with other team members, department audiovisual equipment (cameras, laptop, mi-fi, stabilizer, digital media cards, chargers, etc.)
12. Participate as needed on internal museum committees.
13. Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, public relations or related field with minimum of two years of experience preferred.
- Strong creative skills and judgment with an energetic, entrepreneurial and timely approach to generating audience engagement and digital content.
- Understanding of broad scope/framework and of integrated marketing communications planning and the roles various tactics play in achieving overall goals and objectives
- Ability to formulate digital marketing plans and execute strategically and in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal, written and editing skills, including ability to write clean, compelling copy and edit using AP style and standard editor’s marks; keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to creatively and strategically manage several social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), a website and e-newsletter
- Detail-oriented, flexible and versatile; excellent organizational and time management skills
- An ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends (as media opportunities and museum events require)
- Desire and ability to help organically promote the museum’s mission to inspire an appreciation and understanding of the art, history, and cultures of the American West and the Indigenous peoples of North America, and willingness to apply the mission to all digital efforts, projects and messaging.
- Ability to lead and work in a fast-paced, fun and collaborative team environment
- Relevant professional computer and software skills, experience and familiarity with social media platforms, and photography/video experience required
- Graphic design and Adobe suite skills preferred
- Knowledge of social media management software, website builders (WordPress), and e-newsletter
Resumes, salary expectations and references can be sent to email@example.com, faxed to (317) 275-1430 or mailed to Eiteljorg Museum, Dir of HR, 500 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204