Senior Manager of PR and Communications
Conner Prairie is a unique historic place that inspires curiosity and fosters learning by providing engaging and individualized experiences for everyone. The Senior Manager of PR and Communications will amplify our brand and mission through thoughtful and strategic earned media opportunities. This position is primarily engaged with media and influencers at the local, state, national and international markets. Responsibilities include creating and executing effective communications and outreach strategies backed by proven tactics and precise monitoring to achieve maximum impact.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creates, implements, and manages a public relations and communications plan that will effectively help achieve the organizations strategic plan.
- Develops and executes an annual public relations and stakeholder engagement calendar that includes goals, strategies, and tactics.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports earned media impact quarterly.
- Identifies community engagement opportunities that reach new audiences.
- Builds, manages, and measures on-site activations to ensure a positive ROI.
- Strategizes, manages, and implements cross-departmental communications.
- Creates and implements annual internal and external communications plan.
- Maintains strong influencer relations program.
- Comfortable conducting and delegating on-camera interviews as the public-facing brand ambassador of the organization.
- Oversees comprehensive crisis communications plan and coordinate annual media training.
- Manages the successful execution of the annual report with responsibilities including but not limited to writing the impact report and taking lead on the annual meeting with involvement from key stakeholders.
- Experience working with an agency is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in journalism, marketing, communications, English, public relations, advertising, public affairs, or other related field is required; Masters degree (M.A./M.B.A.) is desired; or five years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in a journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, advertising, or public affairs role is required.
The following skills and abilities are either required or desired.
- Proven skills in pitching stories in multiple media channels at local, state, and national outlets is desired. International experience is desired.
- Advanced writing, copy and content editing skills are desired. AP Style is desired.
- Experience in media monitoring software is required.
- Demonstrated web management, design and blog publishing, management and design skills are desired.
- The ability to operate a computer, printer, copy machine, scanner, fax machine, and other office equipment is required.
- Computer software skills required include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to speak, read and write in English is required. Other language proficiency is desired.