Public Relations Account Coordinator
Dittoe PR’s Account Coordinators are key drivers of public relations strategy execution and administrative tasks that support client results and growth, including reporting and research, while also supporting local, national and trade media relations campaigns and content writing. This is an entry-level position with emphasis on learning agency best practices and growing PR skill sets to support long-term career growth.
This position requires a well-rounded public relations skill set that our team is committed to helping you cultivate. Creative minds who can think critically and strategically are set up for success, and the ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player eager to tell clients’ stories and work in an energetic and challenging environment.
Meet Dittoe Public Relations
Dittoe Public Relations is an award-winning national public relations agency headquartered in Indianapolis, specializing in media relations, thought leadership, content creation, social media management and advertising, influencer marketing and crisis communications. Our team serves an impressive roster of clients across the country in both B2B and B2C industries, such as tech, retail, hospitality, nonprofit, education, health care, real estate, sports and more. By proactively shaping narratives that influence behavior and invoke change, we help organizations build legitimacy, credibility and authenticity.
Our results-driven mindset yields consistent and impactful metrics for our clients. In addition to averaging 1 media hit per hour and more than $6.7M in estimated ad value per day, our agency has earned numerous PR industry accolades, including:
- Forbes’ America’s Best PR Agencies.
- PR News Top Women in PR.
- Ragan’s Media Relations Awards.
- Bulldog PR Awards.
- PR Daily’s Nonprofit PR Awards.
- Indiana Chamber’s Best Places to Work.
- PR Daily’s Top Agencies Awards.
- PRNEWS Agency Elite Top 100.
- Indy’s Best and Brightest.
- PR News Platinum PR Awards.
What We Stand For
Dittoe PR embodies four core values: We’ve Got Your Back, Here We Grow, Exceed Expectations and Cultivate Happy (learn more in this blog post). Every team member strives to live out these values day in and day out while also maintaining servant leadership regardless of role or tenure. We prioritize the practice of anti-racism and are committed to cultivating a more inclusive and diverse culture by taking consistent action, continuing education, ensuring accountability, and evolving the industry (learn more in this blog post). All are welcome to apply!
Essential Job Functions + Responsibilities*
- Lead administrative support on a select roster of clients.
- Support daily client communication and participate in client and agency calls/meetings.
- Lead media monitoring, coverage tracking and reporting in accordance to each client’s cadence.
- Assist with select content creation, such as media prep, press releases, blogs and thought leadership bylines.
- Support the success of media relations campaigns by assisting in media research and securing consistent, impactful media coverage for your roster of clients.
- Lead key research initiatives that support public relations strategy and tactics.
- Gain leadership experience working directly with agency interns on select project assignments.
- Opportunities to contribute to business initiatives outside of account work, when available and as desired.
*Responsibilities may vary and are not limited to those noted above.
Skills + Experience
- This is considered an entry-level PR position best suited for recent graduates or those seeking a career shift into agency PR.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, business, marketing or a related program is required.
- Preference will go toward those with strong internship or relevant entry-level experience in public relations or a related field.
- Strong and versatile writing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Ability to communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple teams within the agency.
- Basic knowledge of the editorial process and how to work with media.
- Experience in platforms such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Muck Rack, Google Analytics, Zoom and more are a plus.
Dittoe PR understands the importance of providing benefits that support employee wellness in and out of the professional setting. Work benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Remote-first workplace, providing hybrid, remote and on-destination opportunities.
- Flexible, autonomous work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days, 10 paid holidays and agency-wide mental health days.
- Professional development stipends, team-wide organizational coaching, internal mentorship program, and continuing education.
- Paid parental leave.
- Full health, dental and vision benefits, inclusive of Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs).
- Employer-match 401K plans.
- This is a full-time, salaried position; salary will reflect the level of experience upon job entry.
- In a fast-paced industry, team members will juggle multiple clients and competing deadlines.
- Occasional evenings, weekends or travel may be required as job duties demand.
- Being based in (or relocating* to) Central Indiana is preferred, but not required.
*Relocation costs are the responsibility of the candidate, if needed.
Dittoe PR is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Interviews with qualified candidates will begin immediately. To apply, please send your resume with references and at least three relevant writing or work examples to Greta Snell at greta [at] dittoepr [dot] com with the subject line “Application for PR Account Coordinator”. No phone calls, please.