Marketing and PR Coordinator
The City of Fishers is seeking a full-time Marketing and PR Coordinator to provide communications, and implementation support to the Community and Public Relations Department, primarily for the Marketing & PR Manager and Assistant Director of Community & Public Relations. This position primarily supports the department through digital communications platforms, multimedia production, and marketing and administrative support. This position consists of a temporary hybrid work schedule, with work alternating between in-office and remote work through spring 2024. Coordinator must have reliable Internet connection and transportation for hybrid work.
Examples of Duties
- Execute social media and digital communications including drafting, posting, and scheduling for the City of Fishers and assist Marketing & PR Manager with the strategy, development, and implementation of the City’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Create engaging digital content, including videos, photos and graphics, for social media and web platforms.
- Draft, design, and send mass email communications and e-newsletters to stakeholders, residents, and businesses.
- Support initiatives and campaigns as directed by the PR and Marketing Manager through marketing, digital communications, and promotional support.
- Proactively seek or create digital marketing assets in order to create graphics, Instagram reels and stories, flyers, signage, photography, and video.
- Monitor and report on trends and analytics related to social media engagement via monthly reporting. Research and implement best practices for enhancing digital communications.
- Author, build out, and publish blog posts for the City of Fishers’ blog on ThisIsFishers.com.
- Execute web updates for the City’s website, blog, and related websites in a timely manner.
- Assist with media relations tasks including authoring media materials, fulfilling photo requests, coordinating interviews and video shoots, etc.
- Learn the City of Fishers’ digital software tools to effectively execute tactics including Delivra, Sprout Social, Wordpress, Brandfolder, Quickbase, and others.
- Provide occasional on-site event support, including but not limited to, event set up and tear down, social media posting during the event, event photography, and other duties as needed. Sometimes on nights and weekends.
- Provide administrative support to the department including, but not limited to, managing the purchasing, ordering, and acceptance of materials; distributing promotional materials; assisting with managing City’s CRM software, interacting with stakeholders in person or via phone or email as a representative of the City; and preparing and distributing campaign materials.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in public relations, communication, marketing, journalism, or related field and experience in social media engagement across various platforms, public relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- The ideal candidate will have earned their Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or equivalent preferred;
- 1-3 years’ work experience in communications, public relations, and marketing highly preferred;
- Experience using basic business software such as Microsoft Office, social media platforms including Sprout Social, email communications software such as Delivra, web content management systems (Wordpress and CivicPlus), as well as project management software such as Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, and customer relationship management technology. Must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies;
- Ability to design and properly lay out graphics (Canva or InDesign) a plus;
- Ability to create and edit photos and video required;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is essential;
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and prioritize work as well as work on multiple projects at one time is required;
- Flexible, self-directed, problem solver with an attention to detail;
- Must be able to occasionally work evenings, weekends, and holidays with advanced notice;
- Must have reliable internet connection;
- Frequent independent travel throughout the City of Fishers is expected.
- This position requires the ability to summarize complicated topics in simple forms for general consumption. Additionally, the ability for this position to communicate and brief City leaders and colleagues effectively is critical.
- This position and related outputs will be measured against the Department’s Key Performance Indicators and identified goals for the individual and team.
- The person holding this position will typically work regular hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) but at times will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to participate in occasional public meetings or events.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings including offices, community meetings, businesses, and at home.
Apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/fishersin/jobs/3856908/marketing-and-pr-coordinator?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs