Following the huge success of last year’s turbo-charged sessions, we will continue with a five-week semester this spring of our APR Readiness Review Course.
A quick overview:
- Classes will be offered, again at no cost, over a five-week semester starting Wednesday, April 20 at 6:30 p.m. ET and will continue each Wednesday through May 18. Plan for 2-hours for the classes.
- Instructors are experienced APRs with years of knowledge, skills and abilities to help guide you and answer questions.
- The presentations have been streamlined and modernized to provide students with a clear blueprint for success with the panel presentation and exam.
- New sample quizzes are being developed to assess progress after each module. In the past, students responded well to the addition of a 5-question quiz after each class.
- All classes will be held virtually through Zoom.
- The mentorship program will continue, and we will match students who request mentors with veteran APRs.
We would appreciate your help in encouraging fellow practitioners to take their PR careers to the next level by achieving their Accreditation in Public Relations and earning those three letters, APR, to place behind their name.
Led by PR Pros Judy Palermo, APR: Indianapolis Zoo PR Director, and Amy Kraft, APR: Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance Senior Public Relations Coordinator, this course will help students hone their PR skills, reinforce their knowledge of best PR practices, network with peers, meet and learn from APR veterans, and prepare for the APR exam.
“I remember the excitement of my first APR class, which was led by Indianapolis PR great Tammy Sander. The level of professionalism, experience and true support helped me gain a full understanding of what I was facing and how to approach my panel and the test,” said Judy Palermo, APR. “This spring’s class will get the same great start because Tammy is the first presenter on April 20 for the important introduction to APR. I can’t wait to get started!”