Joining PRSA represents one of the best career investments communications professionals can make.
Our members represent business and industry counseling firms, independent practitioners, military, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. Our members stand behind a Code of Ethics that offers values, principles and practice guidelines that define professionalism and success.
PRSA Hoosier Chapter membership benefits include:
- Member rates at bi-monthly luncheons, Meet the Media events and educational programs.
- A complimentary subscription to the Chapter’s weekly e-newsletter.
- Access to free or low-cost networking opportunities including New Pros, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Access to the PRSA Hoosier Chapter Job Bank.
- Discounted rates on PRSA Hoosier Chapter Pinnacle Awards entries.
- Free admission to the Accredited Public Relations (APR) prep class and complimentary copies of study materials.
- Discounted rates to attend events hosted by other local professional organizations.
National PRSA membership benefits include:
- Free online and on-demand professional development training and preferred pricing on seminars, boot camps and conferences on topics from social media to crisis communications.
- Subscriptions to PRSA national publications including PRSA’s Issues & Trends daily newsfeed, monthly Public Relations Tactics flagship newspaper and The Strategist quarterly magazine, delivering executive level insight.
- Access to the members-only database of case studies, articles and research, including Silver Anvil Award winners and nominees.
- Access to Professional Interest Sections: Professional Interest Section communities offer networking and professional development in your specialization area. You can join a Section when you sign up for PRSA membership. Learn about available Professional Interest Sections here.
- PRSA Conferences and continuing education: PRSA’s local and national conferences draw attendees from all industries and career levels, and webinars about a variety of topics are available at no cost to members. Learn more now.
Membership types and rates
PRSA offers several levels of membership based on your level of experience, and the national association offers membership promotions throughout the year. Check here for current offers.
- More than three years of experience: Join as a Member ($255 annual dues, a one-time $65 initiation fee, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Two to three years of experience: Join as an Associate Member 3 ($200 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a FREE New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- One to two years of experience: Join as an Associate Member 2 ($155 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a FREE New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- Less than one year of experience: Join as an Associate Member 1 ($115 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- Former PRSSA member who graduated within the past two years: Join as an Associate Member, PRSSA Graduate ($60 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a FREE New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- Full-time graduate student working toward a public relations degree: Join as an Associate Member, Graduate Student ($60 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a FREE New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- Former PRSA member: Join as a Reinstating Member ($255 annual dues, a one-time $35 reinstatement fee, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Retired: Members who have been in good standing for at least five years may qualify for retirement status ($50 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). You must be employed less than 50 percent of the time. Contact PRSA National’s Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Does your organization have five or more people interested in joining PRSA? PRSA offers group membership discounts. Check here for current offers.
Still have questions about the benefits of PRSA membership? Check out the list of frequently asked questions here.
Need help to pay national and chapter dues?
PRSA offers two programs to members who need assistance to pay their chapter and national dues.
- Quarterly Payment Program: Pay National and Professional Interest Section dues, and if applicable, initiation or reinstatement fees, in four quarterly payments. Chapter dues may be collected quarterly, depending on availability. To sign up for quarterly payments, contact PRSA National. A $15 fee is charged every year, on the first quarterly installment, for this service.
- Hardship Program: You may qualify for the Hardship Program if you’ve been a member for three or more years and are unemployed or temporarily disabled. To participate, download the Hardship Plan application.
Need to update or renew your membership?
To update your contact information with the national PRSA office and the PRSA Hoosier Chapter, follow these steps:
- Log into MyPRSA (Note: You can also renew your membership here).
- Click “My Profile.”
- Under “My Contact Info,” click “Edit.”
- Change your information and click “Submit.”
Contact Membership at email@example.com or call the national office at 212-460-1400 for more information. For questions about Hoosier Chapter membership, contact our membership director, Samantha Sandala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now accepting applications for the PRSA Hoosier Chapter Diversity & Inclusion Grant Program
Thanks to another generous contribution from our friends from Hirons, PRSA Hoosier Chapter will offer our second annual Chapter Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Grant.
The grant is our chapter’s effort to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our membership and profession. With these funds, we will have the ability to provide our public relations colleagues who identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color (BIPOC) with financial aid to advance their careers by pursuing an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) or covering membership costs.
Hirons, a full-service Indianapolis ad agency, and a current sponsor of the PRSA Hoosier chapter will pay for up to two PRSA Hoosier Chapter membership scholarships, valued at $320 each, and one APR scholarship to help with fees associated with obtaining the certification, valued at $385.
To apply visit:
The deadline for applications is April 21, 2023. Grant recipients will be announced during the Pinnacle Awards dinner on May 10.