Membership types and rates
PRSA offers several levels of membership based on your level of experience, and the national association offers membership promotions throughout the year.
- More than three years of experience: Join as a Member ($267 annual dues, $65 initiation fee, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Two to three years of experience: Join as an Associate Member 3 ($207 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- One to two years of experience: Join as an Associate Member 2 ($162 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Less than one year of experience: Join as an Associate Member 1 ($122 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Former PRSSA member who graduated within the past two years: Join as an Associate Member, PRSSA Graduate ($67 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Full-time graduate student working toward a public relations degree: Join as an Associate Member, Graduate Student ($60 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). Receive a FREE New Professionals Section membership with promo code AM17.
- Former PRSA member: Join as a Reinstating Member ($267 annual dues, a one-time $35 reinstatement fee, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues).
- Retired: Members who have been in good standing for at least five years may qualify for retirement status ($57 annual dues, plus $65 Hoosier chapter dues). You must be employed less than 50 percent of the time. Contact PRSA National’s Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Industry Partner. PRSA has a new membership program to help you meet potential customers for your products and services. Industry Partners is a comprehensive low-cost opportunity to partner with PRSA ($995 membership). Get started here.
Does your organization have five or more people interested in joining PRSA? PRSA offers group membership discounts. Check here for current offers.
Need help to pay national and chapter dues?
PRSA offers two programs to members who need assistance to pay their chapter and national dues.
- Quarterly Payment Program: Current members can pay their National and Professional Interest Section dues in four quarterly payments. Chapter dues may be collected quarterly, depending upon availability.Pay National and Professional Interest Section dues, and if applicable, initiation or reinstatement fees, in four quarterly payments. Chapter dues may be collected quarterly, depending on availability. To sign up, contact us.
A $15 fee is charged every year, on the first quarterly installment, for this service.
- Hardship Program: You may qualify for the Hardship Program if you’ve been a member for three or more years and are unemployed or temporarily disabled. To participate, download the Hardship Plan Application.
Need to update or renew your membership?
To update your contact information with the national PRSA office and the PRSA Hoosier chapter, follow these steps:
- Log into MyPRSA (Note: You can also renew your membership here).
- Click “My Profile.”
- Under “My Contact Info,” click “Edit.”
- Change your information and click “Submit.”
Contact Membership at email@example.com or call the national office at 212-460-1400 for more information. For questions about Hoosier chapter membership, contact our membership director at firstname.lastname@example.org.